2. replace pin at transmission (1 reports)
2002 Ford Escape accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Escape:

2002 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Mar 202012

Escape XLS 4.0L V6

Transmission would not shift at all. Got on the net to find this also happens commonly on Escapes. The pin at the cable to tranny broke. 43000 miles? I replaced it myself using a stainless clovis pin from a marine store. had to drill another cotter pin hole to hold it tight but it works fine. Silly for me to have to fix it better than it was when new.

- , St. Thomas, VI, Virgin Islands (US)

Jan 252006

Escape v6

Truck did not go in reverse , got stuck in snow and burned up 4x4 mechanisms because of not going in reverse. Extended warranty covered transmission but not 4x4. I am 41 and don't go baha ing. So I was still paying on 4x4 truck but it is not 4x4 because I can't afford to pay to get the 4x4 fixed. This has to be the worst $20,000 I have ever spent. You might as well say I have a car.And of course after the warranty expired on the new tranny it is doing the same thing again. I don't even have 150thousand miles on the truck and am having problems again. I like the size and style of the escape but don't think I will ever by another. I also have problems with the cd player not ejecting the cd and coming up as an error.

- , Burt, MI, USA

Nov 112008

Escape 3.2L

Ford shouldn't in the auto business in this century. they really destroy the name of the founding father of the ford company if they go bankruptcy the government shouldn't bail them out. maybe the Japanese auto maker should buy them out. ford escape is sucks transmission failure all the time. if i'm the president of this company i fired all this designer and their engineer.

- , Surrey, BC, Canada