2002 Ford Escape brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Escape:

2002 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Jun 122016

Hello, OK I purchased this Ford 2002 Escape 6/12/16. The car runs well for the exception of this problem. When you stp down on the brakes your hear and feel on the brake pedal a thumping noise. I had a warrenty on the car. I took it to my mechanic and he did aq 21 point check on this car. Everything is ok, but he said I need need front left and right axels. I took it to the dealerships service place and they checked and said all is fine. So why am I hearing and feeling this noise and what could it be. In additon both my mechanic and the dealerships mechanic said that the brakes are fine. Can someone help?

- , staten island, NY, USA