7.0

2002 Ford Escape engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Escape:

2002 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Mar 232006

Escape LX V6

Once again this car that keeps giving me trouble.I drove it home from dealer and it wouldn't stay cranked when I came out of work 3 days after I bought it. I finally got it to stay cranked by holding my foot on the gas and brake. I made it to the shop . I was told "you got a hold of bad gas". Drive it around and put fuel cleaner in it okay. It does it off and on at least once a month. Now it has got so bad it wont stay cranked when I take my foot off gas & when you push down on the gas get the RPM up to around 3 the whole car jerks and the exhaust system shakes so bad it looks like it will fall right off of the car and the thing stinks like rotten eggs when it does this. Once you finally get it to idle for the whole 10 seconds it doesn't even register on the RPM gauge.

- , Gaffney, SC, USA

Aug 032007

Escape ES V6

Ford Escape has had numerous problems. I am not buying another Ford.

- , Tulsa, OK, USA