6.0

2002 Ford Escape engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Escape:

2002 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Oct 072004

Escape XLS Sport 4x4 2.0L Zetec I4 Engine

Ever since I bought my 2002 Ford Escape (10/07/04) the gas pedal sticks from time to time and it seems that no one has any answers for me as to how to fix this problem so I just deal with it.

- , Salem, OR, USA

Nov 022004

Escape XLS Sport 4x4 2.0L Zetec I4 Engine

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the check engine light coming on but my gas pedal sticks from time to time and I have had problems with the fuel injection basically since I bought the car. I have had it serviced and the fuel injection cleaned and it seems to work for a couple of months then the gas pedal sticks again, it is best described as gummy when I put my foot to the pedal.

- , Salem, OR, USA

Nov 092006

Escape

I had my vehicle fixed with the recall and about 8 months later the same problem developed. I push on the gas and the petal sticks. Causes me great concern.

- , Plano, TX, USA