$1,300.00

1. replace (1 reports)
2002 Ford Escape suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Escape:

2002 Ford Escape Owner Comments

May 042009

Escape LX I-4

I believe this car should be moved up on the worst car list. I bought this car with 54,000 miles on it now it has 80,000. I've had nothing but problems. the power steering has gone out. It doesn't even take power steering fluid!!!!....it takes Dot 3 Transmission fluid. Theirs a line going from the power steering to the transmission and its a manual. We've had to replace the rack and pinion. Which cost about $1,300 which happened while i was deployed and not to mention that all the repair shops tried to charge my wife 3500 for it just cause shes a women WTF? Now I'm back less then a month and its doing something new. it smells like the brakes are locked up and it feels like it has a flat when it drives and it feels like the E brake is stuck on. and only 80000 miles on it. come on what a POS. i wasn't a big fan of fords before we bought it and this just reinforced how crappy they really are.

- , Fairbanks, AK, USA