2003 Ford Escape windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Escape:

2003 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Sep 142016

Escape LX 3.0L V6

click to see larger images

back window spontaneously shattered back window spontaneously shattered back window spontaneously shattered

I went into work at 7:00 a.m. and during Break at 9:00 a.m. my back window was blown out. It sucks because I was just was thinking that I had everything fixed and ready for the Winter and now this happens. I do not have full coverage insurance so I have to replace it myself. I hope that I put it in correctly so it doesn't happen again.

- , Lapeer, MI, USA

Jan 302013

Escape LX 3.2L

My daughter was driving to work, she heard a loud pop, her rear windshield was gone!!! She was stranded on the side of a country road in tears. I am livid that there has been so many complaints of this particular problem with this SUV. As a parent of a college student who lives 2 hrs away I felt helpless and grateful that it happend while it was still daylight.

- , Chelsea, MI, USA

Dec 112010

Escape XLT V6

With no explanation as to why my windshield broke, I went on-line. What a surprise to find all the other complaints about the same thing happening! And just when I was considering buying a new Ford....mmmm, I might reconsider that.

- , Kitchener, Ontario, Canada