2009 Ford Escape brakes problems

2009 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Feb 032014

Escape

2009 Ford Escape. Consumer writes in regards to transmission problems. The consumer stated when he took the vehicle to the dealer, for a regularly scheduled oil change, he was shocked to hear he needed brake pads and rotors. A week later, the vehicle had to be towed to the repair, to have the transmission replaced at a cost of $3,400.

- Glenwood, NJ, USA

Apr 012012

Escape

During a cold start and vehicle is put in either drive or reverse, the brake pedal is momentarily unresponsive and has to be press extremely hard in order to engage brakes. At times the brake pedal has to be "pumped" to stop the vehicle. It feels as if there aren't any power brakes. Frequency of occurrence has increased over time at first the problem occurred rarely, now more often then not. The vehicle was brought to the Ford dealer with the issue in 06/2012, they found no problem. I am bring the vehicle in again 12/10/2012. Since this time I have searched the internet and have found others with the same problem.

- Jupiter, FL, USA

Mar 132009

Escape

59 yr. Woman no drugs never. Non smoker. Attending traffic very concentrated. 17 years without an accident. It is true I was driving this car for a few days before without noticed any problem. Also it is true I didn't try to stopped suddenly at any time before. Usually I drive very safe taking a rational distance from other cars. It happened into a tied traffic at 125 ne street, North miami, South fl at approx 6 pm last Friday 3/13/09 no more that 25 miles per hour because traffic is usually dense at that time on that street. Under a green light the 1st car in row suddenly stopped to make an unauthorized left. All the cars behind in the line stopped to hit the one in front, one by one. I was the last in the row. Although I tried to stop my car very hard with enough distance it didn't stopped. I hit the brake with all my soul to avoid the impact but I it didn't work as I expected. I was driving a rented SUV-Ford Escape hybrid 2009. The car kept running until hit the last car in the row. Accident was not my fault, I didn't get the ticket. It was a rented car. Now the insurance will try to collect from me the $1000 deductible of my policy. I don't know what the solution would be. American manufacturers have bigger problems, larger recalls and are generally less reliable day by day, and we people are paying for them.

- Hallandale Beach , FL, USA