2009 Ford Escape engine problems

2009 Ford Escape Owner Comments (Page 14 of 14)

Jun 192010

A few months after I purchased a 2009 Ford Escape, I noticed my accelerator vibrating under my foot. Within a few weeks while accelerating my car felt like it stalled- to explain I would push down the pedal and the car would sound as if it was revving up then nothing! my car would stop, no forward movement, no engine sound, nothing for several seconds. Then my car would kick in and move, this "stalling" almost got me hit by another car. I took it into the dealership where they told me they fixed it. Within a few months this occurred again while merging onto the freeway and I came very close to being hit by a truck. I took the car back where they claimed to fix the car again. This happened a total of four times now, each incident had me just nearly getting into an accident. The dealership has had my car in total for over a month trying to fix this, not including now having had my car for 10 days after my almost getting hit by a bus. So far no one can figure out what is the problem- they have recalibrated the computer, replace the petal twice and made other adjustment without a successful repair. Has anyone had this problem?

- Richmond, CA, USA

Mar 122010

At the shift level of 40 to 45 mph the gas pedal vibrates. It is most pronounced during the first shift of the day.

- Waukegan, IL, USA

Mar 082009

The gas pedal of the Escape (2009 model) vibrates when accelerates to about 45 mph. It happens frequently.

- Novi, MI, USA