2011 Ford Escape accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Escape:

2011 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Dec 202014

Escape 4-cyl

I just got off the freeway on ramp and slowed for traffic. Traffic just started to go so, I just took my foot of the brake and slowly proceeded to move, when out of nowhere I was thrown forward and out of my seat. The violent impact pushed my vehicle into a truck in front of me, that impact caused me to fly backwards and my driver's seat broke. My concern is that the airbags didn't go off and my seat broke causing injury. The seat should have never broke.

- Goodyear, AZ, USA

Nov 212013

Escape 6-cyl

2011 Ford Escape. Consumer writes in regards to air bag and seat failure. The consumer stated when she was rear ended, her head flew forward and hit the steering wheel with her mouth, then flew backward, where the back of the seat collapsed, which allowed her to fly back and land at a partially reclined position. For approximately 20 minutes, she laid in the vehicle, suffering from muscle spasms, trying to determine if she could stand up. The consumer was diagnosed with a concussion and whiplash.

- Simpsonville, SC, USA

Sep 262011

Rear end collision caused both front seats buckle back completely flat. Is that supposed to happen?

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

May 172011

Escape 4-cyl

Ford Escape 2011 had a car accident on May 17th 2011 I was hit from behind and with the impact I hit the car in front of me. When I was hit the air bags did not deploy, also the drivers seat broke in half. The hunk horn would not stop blowing. Due to the car seat braking I have several injuries and have been going to therapy daily. I had a 2010 Ford Focus and changed it to the Ford Escape for security purposes and now this happens. I did not feel safe at all at the time of the accident. Due to the accident I have no car now and now why of getting anywhere and the wait will be prolonged due to the safety features that did not work on the car they have to investigate further.

- Sarasota, FL, USA