2015 Ford Escape body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Escape:

2015 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Sep 202016

Ford issued a recall (16S30) for the door latch springs which are apparently faulty and can cause the door to open at any time. We called Ford and the parts won't be available until the 2nd quarter of 2017. I have a newborn plus do a lot of driving for work, I cannot drive this car for the next 6 months and hope that the door(s) do not fly open.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Sep 122016

Rear door latch broke door will not latch shut flew open

- Collierville, TN, USA

May 272016

The contact owns a 2015 Ford Escape. The contact stated that while attempting to close the trunk, the lift gate handle was loosen from the lock hitch. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the lift gate needed two longer screws. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 19,000.

- Miami, FL, USA

Apr 072016

On two separate occasions, the automatic tailgate has closed on me while loading groceries into my trunk. Both times I extended a hand to try and stop it but both times it continued to close and hit me in the head. The second time was on April 7, 2016. It hit me hard enough to give me a concussion and trigger a migraine that lasted 4 days. I had to be prescribed medication and missed work. The gate should not close automatically like this. There needs to be better sensors to prevent injury. I have found posts online from other people who have had similar experiences. I took the car to my Ford dealer who opened and closed the liftgate several times and told me it was fine. I bet the grocery store has video footage of one or both incidents.

- North Royalton, OH, USA

Jul 232015

I have been to Ford 3 times trying to get help with an absurd amount of road noise coming from my 2015 Escape. This has become a recent issue to the point where the back seat passenger cannot make out what the driver or front seat passenger are saying. After my 3 visits, Ford has dismissed this problem with little interest. When driving you can feel air from the road as you are in the vehicle. This is a safety hazard as I am worried if debris were to hit my car or if I were to get in an accident there could be serious damage to myself or my passengers. I have also had issues with my trunks lift gate. It fails to latch requiring me to either drive with it unlatched or fiddle with it until it closes. I have also struggled with the doors latching closed which have resulted in my passengers opening and closing the doors several times until the sensor says they are closed. For a 2015 this should not be happening and I am ashamed in myself for leasing a car from such a careless company who lacks concern for its consumers.

- Gainesville, FL, USA

Nov 012015

Rear wheel well rusted out / shock area

- Uniondale, NY, USA