- May 26: Ford Edge Investigated After 22-Inch Alloy Wheel Breaks
- May 13: Ford Recalls 2015 Ford F-150 Trucks To Fix Loss of Steering
- May 4: Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Brake Hose Failures Investigated
- May 1: Ford Fiesta Door Latch Problems Turn Into Huge Recall
- April 29: Ford Recalls 593,000 Vehicles in 4 Recalls
2005 Ford F-150
Worst 2005 F-150 drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- rear differential failure11
- starts shaking while driving6
- driveshaft clunk3
- rumble or hum from rear axle3
- 4x4 engages with a shuddering effect on the vehicle2
- 4 wheel drive won't engage1
- transfer case failure1
- whirling sound from front end1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline3
- NHTSA: Power Train2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Driveshaft2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford F-150 Model Years
Curious how the 2005 F-150 compares to other years?
Check out our Ford F-150 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the F-150.