- February 24: Ford Recalls F-250 and F-350 Trucks With Replacement Steering Gears
- February 8: Ford Explorer Leaking Brake Hose Investigation Closed
- February 3: Ford Lawsuit Alleges Engine Problems in 2004-2008 Models
- February 1: Ford Recalls 221,000 Vehicles To Repair Door Handles and Seat Belts
- January 25: Ford Fiesta and Focus Transmission Lawsuit Filed After Complaints
2005 Ford F-150
Worst 2005 F-150 drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- rear differential failure11
- starts shaking while driving6
- driveshaft clunk3
- rumble or hum from rear axle3
- 4x4 engages with a shuddering effect on the vehicle2
- 4 wheel drive won't engage1
- transfer case failure1
- whirling sound from front end1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline3
- NHTSA: Power Train2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Driveshaft2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford F-150 Model Years
Curious how the 2005 F-150 compares to other years?
Check out our Ford F-150 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the F-150.