- March 29: Ford Freestyle Engine Surge Lawsuit Not Dead Yet
- March 25: Ford Recalls 221,000 Vehicles in Three Recalls
- March 23: Ford Focus and Fusion Power Steering Lawsuit Dismissed
- March 18: Ford Unintended Acceleration Lawsuit Filed in Louisiana
- March 12: Massive Car Hacking Lawsuit Filed Against Ford, GM and Toyota
2005 Ford F-150
Worst 2005 F-150 drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- rear differential failure11
- starts shaking while driving6
- driveshaft clunk3
- rumble or hum from rear axle3
- 4x4 engages with a shuddering effect on the vehicle2
- 4 wheel drive won't engage1
- transfer case failure1
- whirling sound from front end1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline3
- NHTSA: Power Train2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Driveshaft2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford F-150 Model Years
Curious how the 2005 F-150 compares to other years?
Check out our Ford F-150 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the F-150.