2013 Ford F-150 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford F-150:

2013 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Jun 222013

F-150

The contact owns a 2013 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving approximately 10 mph, the front end of the vehicle began to vibrate violently while the contact was hauling a capacity of over two thousand pounds. The malfunction recurred whenever the contact was driving 10 mph or less. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer, who was unable to duplicate the problem. The manufacturer was not notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 1,600.

- Astoria, OR, USA

Jun 222013

F-150 6-cyl

This is the 5th incident with the same problem, but worst now. I had this truck at the Ford dealership on Monday June 17,2013. They said it will be hard to diagnosis without a fault code. How is it they can tell me how fast I have been driving for the past month, but the inboard computer cannot tell Ford technicians what is wrong.the engine cut off again for the 5th time, but this time it would not start. The instrument showed 2 icon's this time, a ( wrench and check oil ), I'm sorry but the wrench indicates I believe something to do with a rear end on a 4 X 4 truck, sorry this is only a 2 wheel drive vehicle. I tried the ( 2 ) recommendation in the instruction book and when turned the ignition to start it only tried for less than 3 seconds, then the power to the ignition went blank. I tried for 30 minutes, then called Ford road side assistant for a tow truck, which was dispatched within a hour. I had already called Ford Friday June 21,2013 for an appointment for # 3 & 4 with the engine cutting off. I then called Saturday morning and asking then for a better appointment, they gave me one for Monday 6-23,2013 instead of Tuesday 6-24-2013.I badly need transportation this next week, I'm going to ask Ford for ambulance service this next coming Friday June 28,2013, I am a disabled senior veteran and having hip injections next Friday out of town at the veterans hospital and need a care giver, since I won't be able to drive after the procedure.Ford this is beginning to be a very serious condition when driving and probably cause accidents very soon. Lets get the problem fixed or order me a new truck because of North Carolina lemon law.

Jun 212013

F-150 6-cyl

This is the 2nd time today, I've had this problem and is the 4th episode of the same problem. This is a flex fuel 2013 Ford F-150.this is beginning to be a big concern, as stated I was only going about 10 mph, since I was in a shopping center getting ready to park. The engine usual cranks after I come to a complete start and turn the ignition off. I need this fixed asap. I've got a trip planned.

- Charlott, NC, USA

Jun 212013

F-150 6-cyl

This is the 3rd time that this new F-150 truck engine suddenly has cut off. I was at the Ford dealership in belmont, N.C on Monday June 17,2013. They said they could not find anything wrong. They then said they put in a new update code. I now have only drove about another 50 miles since Monday. It cut off again while I was driving about 30 mph on a busy charlotte, nc street. I thought my nuckles were going to part since I had to control the vehicle and not cause an accident. I am schedule to take in back to keith hawthorne Ford on Tuesday, June 25,2013--there phone number 704-825-5186-service person- will

Jun 082013

F-150 6-cyl

6/08/13 while traveling from kingsville to rio hondo at 6 am for a fishing trip, I accelerated hard to pass a semi-truck. My F150 shuddered violently in the back end, and I felt a significant loss of power. The check engine light blinked excessively before extinguishing. The truck resumed normal operation fairly quickly, within 5 sec. I continued to my destination with no further problems, making sure to limit my speed and make no more hard accelerations. The weather was rainy and wet conditions. I intended on investigating this issue once I returned home. 6/09/13 the truck had been parked and not driven until my departure on sun, 2 pm. On my way home I was forced to accelerate quickly on hwy 77 on ramp from fm 107 to keep up with traffic. The truck once again shuddered violently and the A/C began blowing hot air, the loss of power was much more significant than the last episode and I was forced to pull onto side of hwy 77 to avoid being struck by traffic behind me. The engine light blinked and continued to stay on. The truck resumed normal operation; however the length of time before that happened was much longer than before. I was certain I was going to be stranded and it was necessary for me to take emergency measures. The weather was hot and dry.

- Kingsville, TX, USA

Jun 122013

F-150 6-cyl

On this new F-150 with eco boost engine, the engine now has shut down 2 times the last 2 days on June 12 and 13, 2013. The engine oil light came on. I was only going 20 mph when this happened both times since I was stopping at the stop sign 3 blocks from my house. On the highway with the engine in cruise control at speed of 60-65 mph the transmission goes from 6 th gear to 5th gear alot.

Jun 072013

F-150 6-cyl

While traveling at highway speed on I-69 in Michigan between lansing and flint, I attempted to merge into the passing lane to allow merging traffic from the on-ramp onto the expressway. In order to change lanes, I used firm acceleration to avoid contact with the faster vehicles in the passing lane. The steering wheel started shaking violently while the check engine light flashed. All forward acceleration was impossible the engine sputtered for 45-60 seconds after the event until power was restored. One week after I took delivery of the truck, this problem began on a similar trip on the way to toledo around the dundee exit on I-23. The vehicle only had 400 miles on it at the time. This was in early May 2013. I took the vehicle to the dealer who performed the tsb replacing the charged air cooler and updating the software in the engine control module. This can be repeated on any trip of significant duration on a rainy day. The tsb did absolutely nothing to address this problem, and I fear for my safety as well as my family's safety. I do not let me wife drive the car because she would not be as well equipped to deal with an event like this. I feel cheated by Ford, and I am not satisfied with their attempts of fixing this. Furthermore, I know every time this happens the engine is taking in large amounts of water through the intake, and this is catastrophic for engine life and longevity. Please pursue recall efforts now on this horrible engine.

- Eaton Rapids, MI, USA

May 152013

F-150 6-cyl

Vehicle lost power when trying to pass another vehicle. Note I was in a 75 mph area trying to pass a vehicle that had trash flying off truck. In any case when I punched the accelerator the vehicle did a nose dive as it lost power. It took about 2 seconds for the vehicle to restore to normal operation.

- Anthem, AZ, USA

Jun 082013

F-150 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Ford F-150. The contact stated while driving approximately 45 mph in rainy weather conditions the vehicle began shaking violently nor would it accelerate. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage 7,475.

- Mechanicsville, MD, USA

Jun 062013

F-150 6-cyl

Traveling on the interstate during heavy rains. Traffic in my lane stopped. I tried to change lanes and accelerate briskly. When I tried to accelerate, the vehicle started to shutter and the engine power died. It seemed to go into limp mode. The check engine light flashed several times. The vehicle would not accelerate and left me hanging in the travel lane with faster traffic almost causing a crash. Vehicle is one week old and has approximately 600 miles on it. The engine is the Ford ecoboost 3.5L V6. The vehicle had to be turned off and restarted to get it to drive normal again.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

May 232013

F-150 6-cyl

While on I95 in Virginia, after traveling for about an hour with the cruise control on in an intermittent rain, I attempted to accelerate to pass another vehicle. I depressed the accelerator and the truck started to shake and buck. The check engine light started flashing and I was not able to accelerate. Any attempt to do so caused the truck to jerk and shake. As I moved to the right lane to get to the shoulder, the light stopped flashing and the truck behaved normally. I could not replicate the incident since I did not drive at a constant speed again for any period of time remaining in the trip. This occurred in a 2013 Ford F150 XLT supercrew with a 3.5L eco boost engine.

- Warrenton, VA, USA

May 252013

F-150 6-cyl

2013 F150 XLT w/ ecoboost 42K cost, had to accelerate to get out of the way of a potential accident and the engine stalled started missing barely missed totaling the truck had to plow in to a grass median to keep from being hit. I was able to restart the truck and get it home and have not driven it since. I am so disappointed. If this is not a safety issue I don't know would be, this is scary stuff.

- Mcqueeney, TX, USA

May 052013

F-150 6-cyl

After leaving I-20 and on the entrance ramp unto I-95 North, I was accelerating to merge into traffic when the transmission shifted into a lower gear, the engine RPM went up, but the vehicle didn't accelerate. I had to brake and pull of to the shoulder to allow traffic to pass. The check engine light came on and it felt like the transmission was shaking, after a mile everything was normal. We were experiencing heavy rains on I-20 West of charleston SC.

- Rocky Mount, NC, USA

Apr 182013

F-150 6-cyl

I went to pass a slow moving vehicle and only had a short distance to pass. I pressed down hard on the accelerator, the engine shutdown, truck was coasting, and the orange traction slip light came on. Then the engine came back on and I was able to finish passing. This was in carlsbad, nm. I took it to the local Ford dealer they said there nothing showed on their diagnostic computer, but they did try to charge me $150 labor. I refused to pay, because this is a new truck and the incident happened twice driving into carlsbad. I have tried to duplicate the incident once since, but the engine did not shutdown.

- Livingston, TX, USA

May 042013

F-150 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle started to shake violently and hesitated when shifting gears. The contact mentioned that the vehicle would constantly drive roughly. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated that they would contact him at a later date. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 800.

- Mobile , AL, USA

Jan 092013

F-150 6-cyl

Eco boost engine lost power when trying to accelerate and pass. This has happened three times now and no response from Ford. One time it almost caused an accident. Dealer says nothing is wrong!

- Lewisville, TX, USA

Jan 082013

F-150 6-cyl

Not getting sticker mpg; took vehicle back and Ford milham dealership in easton pa off rt 33 said " there is nothing we can do about it" power steering rack also malfunctioned at 7,000 miles. Dealership manager agreed there is an issue with the vehicle. I dropped the vehicle off on a Wednesday. Thursday night they called and stated everything checked out and "Ford says it's within range". I was also told I will receive a survey online - I never received the email to communicate my dissatisfaction with the vehicle and the dealership. Vehicle now has 10,000 miles and now I get 16 mpg on highway (no city driving).

- Walnutport, PA, USA

Apr 122012

F-150

Said vehicle does not get the mileage stated on window sticker and advertisements. 2013 4X4 ecoboost states 15city/21hwy, it does only get about 13-15mpg in city, but on highway; average is roughly 17mpg, which compared to the sticker is a 4mpg difference.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Feb 102013

F-150 6-cyl

The rear end locks up when going around a corner. In a full cab and a 6.5 foot bed.

- Dubuque, IA, USA