Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: For the third year in a row, the 3rd generation Focus is experiencing massive transmission problems.

Most notably owners keep complaining about how there's bad hesitation and jerking when starting from a stop. This isn't the result of an old, worn out part. In fact, the average mileage it's reported to us is just over 15k miles.

2014 Ford Focus accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Focus:

2014 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jul 162014

I took delivery of my new Ford Focus ev on 7/16/14 very shortly thereafter I noticed a waffle type pattern appearing in the rear hatch window. I brought it to the attention of palm springs motors and they told me that it's nothing. I noticed the pattern becoming more visible and distracting as time went on and I again brought it to the attention of the service dept. All they will say is that other cars have it too so that makes it normal and they refuse to do anything about it. I contacted Ford customer service and they sent me a letter merely saying that they had done everything they can in this matter. In fact they have done nothing except to ignore me. This abnormality in the window is extremely distracting when looking in the rear view mirror and is getting worse but I cannot get anyone to listen to me or take me seriously. I am desperate for help from someone.

- Palm Springs, CA, USA

Feb 052015

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Focus. The contact stated that the windshield was defective and had streaks causing the visibility to become poor while operating the vehicle. The authorized dealer referred the contact to the manufacturer of the glass who cleaned the windows with a solution but the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken to a second independent glass company and they also used a solution and indicated that there may be a defect with the glass and both referred the contact back to the authorized dealer to have the windshield replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was not available.

- Independence, MO, USA

Jun 262014

I live in central Florida, it rains heavily apart every evening. On my way he today we had yet another storm. I turned on the wipers to full speed and everything was fine until the wipers started to slow down, then only wipe every second or two and not continuously at the high speed. This caused my visibility to be non existent. I turned them off, then back to the highest setting. It did the same thing. I tried the setting below where they aren't fast, but a continuous wipe, it did the same thing in that setting. I haven't had a problem until now. This almost caused a serious accident as I couldn't see to pull over.

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Apr 012014

I bought this car new on Dec 31, 2013. Here's my list of problems... 1) trunk was way off alignment, dealership fixed best they could... 2) wipers are hitting the side of frame when they wipe. It makes a very loud noise when wipers are on and is very annoying. Dealership is installing new wiper motors as I write this... 3) molding on both rear doors at top of window keep falling down, also being repaired now. 4) car drops rims when at a stop and almost kills the engine..... 5) car hesitates when accelerator is pressed, then jerks forward. I drive this car very conservatively, like an old man, I take great care of all my cars. I am very disappointed in this purchase! I've owned Ford for 25 years and the quality is greatly going down. Looks like I'll have to file another lemon law suite against Ford....I did win my first suite in 2010 on a new Ford Ranger!

- Milwaukee, WI, USA