CarComplaints.com Notes: For the third year in a row, the 3rd generation Focus is experiencing massive transmission problems.

Most notably owners keep complaining about how there's bad hesitation and jerking when starting from a stop. This isn't the result of an old, worn out part. In fact, the average mileage it's reported to us is just over 15k miles.

6.6

2014 Ford Focus body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Focus:

2014 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jun 052014

Focus 4-cyl

My car has generated a horrible smell in the interior. It started out as a faint smell. Then after a couple weeks it has gotten significantly stronger. Took the car to the dealer and they took out the entire interior and cleaned everything. The smell was then gone. It started to smell again about 2 months later. The same exact smell. It is 20F outside currently now and the smell is not noticeable until the car gets warm or it sits in a heated garage. The smell is hard to describe. Its a foul smell, on the same level as a dead animal smell, but it smells nothing like that. The dealer and I have confirmed that it is not the smell that is coming from the ac when water condensation collects in there. This is an entirely different smell than that. It almost smells like some sort of chemical. Im still working with the dealer and Ford to sort out this deal. While they have been accommodating, it is frustrating to say the least. They have talked about replacing the entire interior, but the dealer and I do not believe that will work.

- New London, WI, USA

Apr 012014

Focus

I bought this car new on Dec 31, 2013. Here's my list of problems... 1) trunk was way off alignment, dealership fixed best they could... 2) wipers are hitting the side of frame when they wipe. It makes a very loud noise when wipers are on and is very annoying. Dealership is installing new wiper motors as I write this... 3) molding on both rear doors at top of window keep falling down, also being repaired now. 4) car drops rims when at a stop and almost kills the engine..... 5) car hesitates when accelerator is pressed, then jerks forward. I drive this car very conservatively, like an old man, I take great care of all my cars. I am very disappointed in this purchase! I've owned Ford for 25 years and the quality is greatly going down. Looks like I'll have to file another lemon law suite against Ford....I did win my first suite in 2010 on a new Ford Ranger!

- Milwaukee, WI, USA