Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: For the third year in a row, the 3rd generation Focus is experiencing massive transmission problems.

Most notably owners keep complaining about how there's bad hesitation and jerking when starting from a stop. This isn't the result of an old, worn out part. In fact, the average mileage it's reported to us is just over 15k miles.

2014 Ford Focus seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Focus:

2014 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Apr 112016

Bought car brand new in June 2014. Have had transmission redone. Now having same issue again. Front seat belts replaced. Now need replaced again. Have had dealer repair outside door skin on front passenger door due to Transport damage. Had to take car in to have interior door repositioned due to poor dealer workamanship. I have had this car in for repairs more than any vehicle I have ever owned. Car currently has about 33,000 miles on it.

- Independence, KS, USA

Dec 042015

Takata recall. I have a 2014 Ford Focus bought may of 14, today I was driving down road my check engine light came on & my transmission stopped pulling. Put it on computer at auto zone it says clutch sensor. Won't even go in gear now. I have 73,000 miles 13,000 past warranty. I am not happy. Also my drivers seatbelt sometimes won't latch.

- Malden, MO, USA

Aug 282015

August 28, 2015. While heading westbound on a traveled highway; a vehicle pulled out in front of the westbound car and caused an accident wherein, the airbags did not deploy or the seatbelts did not lock. Vehicle was doing about 45 mph when accident occurred.

- Willard, OH, USA