CarComplaints.com Notes: For the third year in a row, the 3rd generation Focus is experiencing massive transmission problems.

Most notably owners keep complaining about how there's bad hesitation and jerking when starting from a stop. This isn't the result of an old, worn out part. In fact, the average mileage it's reported to us is just over 15k miles.

2014 Ford Focus seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Focus:

2014 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jul 122016

Focus

I contacted Ford local and corporate. Ford corporate told me that recalls were VIN specific. I told them that was concerning. I am still having problems with my puttering car. I took the car in for a recall previously and the problem was not fix. The general manager called me in response to my not being satisfied. He left a message. I did not return his call. Recently, I got another recall concerning door latch. I set up an appointment for that recall. The previously recall with the switch was not fixed properly. Now my car defrost system is not working. Sometimes my seatbelt won't buckle. Why want Ford take responsibility concerning their products. I am an avid Ford buyer. Please document my concerns concerning by engine stalling, defroster and seatbelt. I noticed that there were 8 recalls for the 2014 Ford Focus. I relayed this to Ford. They told me that recall were VIN specific. I have contacted you before concerning a complaint. I am schedule to visit local Ford service department for the door latch recall tomorrow. Thank you for your response and help. I really don't remember the dates of all these problems. Brenda sharpe 2304 liriope drive rocky mount, nc 27801

- Rocky Mount, NC, USA

Nov 242016

Focus

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Focus. While attempting to buckle the passenger side seat belt, the seat belt would not retract and lock into a secured position. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 12,000.

- Minneapolis, MN, USA

Nov 112016

Focus

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Focus. While driving approximately 12 mph, the contact paying attention to 3 pedestrians, a mother and 2 young children, when a vehicle came out of nowhere causing her to crash into the side of the vehicle. The steering wheel airbag failed to deploy but the knee bolster airbag did deploy and the seatbelt tensioner activated. The contact sustained bruises to the right breast caused by the pressure of the seat belt that retracted during the crash. The contact required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to a gate collision center. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 13,000.

- Waunakee, WI, USA

Apr 112016

Focus

Bought car brand new in June 2014. Have had transmission redone. Now having same issue again. Front seat belts replaced. Now need replaced again. Have had dealer repair outside door skin on front passenger door due to Transport damage. Had to take car in to have interior door repositioned due to poor dealer workamanship. I have had this car in for repairs more than any vehicle I have ever owned. Car currently has about 33,000 miles on it.

- Independence, KS, USA

Dec 042015

Focus

Takata recall. I have a 2014 Ford Focus bought may of 14, today I was driving down road my check engine light came on & my transmission stopped pulling. Put it on computer at auto zone it says clutch sensor. Won't even go in gear now. I have 73,000 miles 13,000 past warranty. I am not happy. Also my drivers seatbelt sometimes won't latch.

- Malden, MO, USA

Aug 282015

Focus

August 28, 2015. While heading westbound on a traveled highway; a vehicle pulled out in front of the westbound car and caused an accident wherein, the airbags did not deploy or the seatbelts did not lock. Vehicle was doing about 45 mph when accident occurred.

- Willard, OH, USA