- June 26: Investigation Into Vacuum Assist Pumps in Ford F-150 Trucks
- June 24: Ford Recalls 203,000 Escape SUVs and Transit Connect Vans
- June 23: Ford 5.4 Liter Spark Plug Lawsuit
- June 7: Ford Fusion Hybrid MPG Lawsuit Says Advertised MPG Is Wrong
- May 27: Ford Recalls 443,000 Ford, Lincoln and Mercury Cars
NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling Problems
2010 Ford Fusion (Page 1 of 4)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Ford Fusion has a massive number of NHTSA complaints (over 1,000) about sudden deceleration while driving.
The Federal investigation was closed in March 2014 when Ford agreed to a voluntary "customer satisfaction program" covering 1.6 million vehicles that extends the warranty on the throttle body to 10 years/150,000 miles.
Unfortunately it's not a recall, so Fusion owners have to wait for the inconvenience of the throttle body failing before Ford will fix it.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 2 / 1
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 2 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 43,987 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.