- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
- January 19: Ford Recalls Vehicles for Steering and Windshield Problems
NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling Problems
2010 Ford Fusion (Page 1 of 4)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Ford Fusion has a massive number of NHTSA complaints (over 1,000) about sudden deceleration while driving.
The Federal investigation was closed in March 2014 when Ford agreed to a voluntary "customer satisfaction program" covering 1.6 million vehicles that extends the warranty on the throttle body to 10 years/150,000 miles.
Unfortunately it's not a recall, so Fusion owners have to wait for the inconvenience of the throttle body failing before Ford will fix it.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 2 / 1
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 2 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 41,101 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.