- September 15: Ford Fiesta Door Latch Investigation Underway
- September 12: Ford Recalls Escape Hybrid and Mercury Mariner Hybrid After Engines Stall
- August 22: Ford Recalls Vehicles With Leaking Gas Tanks and Flying Roof Glass
- August 17: Ford Recalls 160,000 Escape and Focus ST Vehicles For Erratic Engines
- August 14: Ford Recalls 83,000 Vehicles Because of One Small C-Clip
NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling Problems
2010 Ford Fusion (Page 1 of 4)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Ford Fusion has a massive number of NHTSA complaints (over 1,000) about sudden deceleration while driving.
The Federal investigation was closed in March 2014 when Ford agreed to a voluntary "customer satisfaction program" covering 1.6 million vehicles that extends the warranty on the throttle body to 10 years/150,000 miles.
Unfortunately it's not a recall, so Fusion owners have to wait for the inconvenience of the throttle body failing before Ford will fix it.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 2 / 1
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 2 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 42,863 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.