CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Ford Fusion has a massive number of NHTSA complaints (over 1,000) about sudden deceleration while driving.

The Federal investigation was closed in March 2014 when Ford agreed to a voluntary "customer satisfaction program" covering 1.6 million vehicles that extends the warranty on the throttle body to 10 years/150,000 miles.

Unfortunately it's not a recall, so Fusion owners have to wait for the inconvenience of the throttle body failing before Ford will fix it.

9.2

2. replace throttle body (2 reports)
2010 Ford Fusion engine problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

May 152014

Fusion SE V6

Car looses power every block and wrench light comes on. Took to dealership and they say throttle body needs replacing. However they say they update the cars computer to better work with throttle body. 6 months later problem came back and worse. Can't go one block from without light coming on. Annoyed and I almost got into an accident too many times because the car jerks and takes off on its own and won't take off at other times. Horrible. Going to dealership this week.

- , New York, NY, USA

Jul 042015

Fusion SE 2,5

Similar to others with this concern / problem. Once engine stalled at red light. Engine restarted right away.

- , Everett, WA, USA

Aug 042015

Fusion LS 2.5L

Driving car on the street at slow speed, when all of a sudden it stalls on me again and cuts off right in the middle of the road. I spoke to Ford company about the throttle body recall but because my car is over the mileage, I did not get any help. Which I feel is unfair due to the fact I have only owned the car for 1 month and knew nothing of the recall they had on this vehicle. I am unable to drive on the highway for long periods of time or use my air conditioner. I never know when the car is going to cut off on me now. Which is very dangerous for me and my children.

- , Cincinnati, OH, USA

Jun 252012

Fusion ES 3.2L V6

while driving car jumps and wrench comes on cant give it gas, pulled over restarted the car wrench went off car ran fine for a while. i took it to ford dealership they checked it said it was throttle body but not covered under warranty. charged me $80.00 to tell me that was what it was. not at all happy about this ive only had this car for less than a year its already messed up. and i think ford should have to fix this problem. it could cause some serious accidents if this happens in traffic. my husband says that someone will get killed or seriously injured before anything gets done. please dont buy a fusion and dont expect the service dept to fix it. when you get a new car you dont expect it to be sitting on the side of the road.

- , rome, GA, USA

Aug 142013

Fusion

I was yeilding to traffic, luckly NOT on a main highway when suddenly my car started trembling very roughly and the wrench light appeared. I had to turn the engine off in the middle of the road and restart. I have two kids in the back seat might I add. This kept reoccuring until I finally made it home. Once home I hooked up the code reader and it read throttle stuck open. After researching this problem, I came to realize that this is a reoccuring problem for many many people. Over 150 pages alone on the exact same complaint. Sounds to me like a defected throttle body which should be recalled! Would would have happened if I was on the hightway going 100mph with my children in the backseat and this would have happened? This problem has been investigated in the past yet still no recall. I guess ford will only start caring when people actually start dieing over there screw up. Nice to see that they truely care about the safety of their customers! Never again ford, never again!

- , Edmonton, Alberta, canada