CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Ford Fusion has a massive number of NHTSA complaints (over 1,000) about sudden deceleration while driving.

The Federal investigation was closed in March 2014 when Ford agreed to a voluntary "customer satisfaction program" covering 1.6 million vehicles that extends the warranty on the throttle body to 10 years/150,000 miles.

Unfortunately it's not a recall, so Fusion owners have to wait for the inconvenience of the throttle body failing before Ford will fix it.

9.0

2010 Ford Fusion engine problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Jun 252012

Fusion ES 3.2L V6

while driving car jumps and wrench comes on cant give it gas, pulled over restarted the car wrench went off car ran fine for a while. i took it to ford dealership they checked it said it was throttle body but not covered under warranty. charged me $80.00 to tell me that was what it was. not at all happy about this ive only had this car for less than a year its already messed up. and i think ford should have to fix this problem. it could cause some serious accidents if this happens in traffic. my husband says that someone will get killed or seriously injured before anything gets done. please dont buy a fusion and dont expect the service dept to fix it. when you get a new car you dont expect it to be sitting on the side of the road.

- , rome, GA, USA

Aug 142013

Fusion

I was yeilding to traffic, luckly NOT on a main highway when suddenly my car started trembling very roughly and the wrench light appeared. I had to turn the engine off in the middle of the road and restart. I have two kids in the back seat might I add. This kept reoccuring until I finally made it home. Once home I hooked up the code reader and it read throttle stuck open. After researching this problem, I came to realize that this is a reoccuring problem for many many people. Over 150 pages alone on the exact same complaint. Sounds to me like a defected throttle body which should be recalled! Would would have happened if I was on the hightway going 100mph with my children in the backseat and this would have happened? This problem has been investigated in the past yet still no recall. I guess ford will only start caring when people actually start dieing over there screw up. Nice to see that they truely care about the safety of their customers! Never again ford, never again!

- , Edmonton, Alberta, canada