CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Ford Fusion has a massive number of NHTSA complaints (over 1,000) about sudden deceleration while driving.

The Federal investigation was closed in March 2014 when Ford agreed to a voluntary "customer satisfaction program" covering 1.6 million vehicles that extends the warranty on the throttle body to 10 years/150,000 miles.

Unfortunately it's not a recall, so Fusion owners have to wait for the inconvenience of the throttle body failing before Ford will fix it.

2010 Ford Fusion engine problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Nov 032013

Fusion SE 2.5L I4

Okay first of all I have always been a ford owner. I recently bought a 2010 ford fusion se and in amazing condition. Ford inspected said everything is fine car is good to go. So today 11/3/2013 I was driving with my newborn who was born on 10/4/13 and my fiancé in the at going up a hill. The car just stalled out of no where and thankfully I made it just over the hill to where I can pull of to the side. I was furious and upset at the same time, how could ford sell this car with this problem and not recall it? Ford ask yourself what if you had your child and pulled out into traffic to cross over and the f*cking car stalls!!! What the f*ck is that!!! We could have been killed if I was turning somewhere! Not to mention my newborn daughter. I demand that this be heard and something be done about it. I will continue to fight and argue and make sure this is known. I baby this car and take care of it and its a sad day to know this has happened to many of the fusion owners. Fix this damn issue and make it right before people get killed especially baby's and kids!!! God forbid if this ever did happen ford you will be to blame and I will make sure you will pay the legal consequences!!

- , Lake Mary, FL, USA

Jun 152013

Fusion SE V6

Hello, my name is Beverly and I am writing a complaint because I have had an incident involving my 2010 Ford Fusion.. On June 15th 2013 I experienced my car getting to where me pushing my foot on the pedal to the floor the car didn't want to go anywhere.. Thankfully I was alone in the car and my 4 children wasn't with me.. But, It stalled right in the middle of the road, while I pulled out of my driveway, just riding down the road, and just sitting still.. I purchased this car on 8/2/2012 so I've not even had it a full year and I'm still having to pay on it monthly and its already messing up. How is this right? I mean I just washed it and shampooed the back seats give me a break. Any who, I just want you to know I am having trouble with my car also and I hope you intend on recalling the parts making this happen and get my car fixed before it involves someone getting badly injured on the roads. Thanks and have a good day/night..

- , Dowelltown, TN, USA

Nov 192012

Fusion SE V4

My Ford Fussion 2010 started stalling out on me in November of 2012. I pulled out into the highway and it stalled and then shut down, the engine light came on. I had to keep turning it off and restarting it to get to an auto shop to see what was wrong. They put it on the computer and said I had to take it to the dealer. I had to have it towed and they kept it for 3 days where they replaced the accelerator said it was fixed. 2 weeks later the engine light came on and I took it to them again and they replaced my cataltyic converter and said it was fixed. About a month later same thing happend, took it to them they kept it for 3 days drove it 71 miles and couldn't find out what the problem was. I took it home and less than a month it happened again. Took it back to the dealer and again they kept it and found nothing. After that this happening 3 more times I had it out with the service manager and owner of the dealership where I bought the car. Took it to another Ford dealership and they kept it until they figured out what was wrong. At this time my warranty was out and I had to pay $505.43 for the repair which was the throttle body which I had been telling the other service manager and owner of the dealership where I bought the car all along that it was the throttle body.

- , Havana, FL, USA