CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Ford Fusion has a massive number of NHTSA complaints (over 1,000) about sudden deceleration while driving.

The Federal investigation was closed in March 2014 when Ford agreed to a voluntary "customer satisfaction program" covering 1.6 million vehicles that extends the warranty on the throttle body to 10 years/150,000 miles.

Unfortunately it's not a recall, so Fusion owners have to wait for the inconvenience of the throttle body failing before Ford will fix it.

6.0

2010 Ford Fusion wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Apr 022011

Fusion 4-cyl

Ever since I have purchased my 2010 Ford Fusion I have had nothing but problems with it. My lug nuts just break off. Ford performed a recall on the lug nuts and since the recall I have had my lug nuts continue to fall off four more times. The dealership refuses to do anything and the corporate office refuses to do anything each blames the other instead of trying to find out why its happening.

- Campo , CA, USA

Jan 182012

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 11V574000 (wheels:lugs/nuts/bolts). The recall was scheduled to begin on or around January 24, 2012 however, the part needed for repairs was unavailable and the vehicle had not been repaired. The dealer was uncertain when the part would become available. The contact planned to notify the manufacturer of the unreasonable time frame in which the recall repair should have been performed. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 05/11/12 updated 05/21/12

- Goose Creek , SC, USA

Mar 012012

Fusion

2010 Ford Fusion. Consumer writes in regards to safety recall notice concerning wheel studs the dealer informed the consumer, they only had one lug nut kit available. The consumer was informed he would be placed on a waiting list. As of March 10, 2012, the consumer has not received a call from the dealer.

- Fulda, MN, USA

Jan 122012

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated the vehicle was included in a recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number 11V574000 (wheels:lugs/nuts/bolts). An authorized dealer was notified and informed the contact that the parts necessary to remedy the failure were not available. The parts have not been available for approximately one month. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 7,800. Updaetd 03/14/12 updated 04/09/12

- Carrollton, TX, USA

Jan 012012

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the vehicle was included in the recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number: 11V574000 (wheels:lugs/nuts/bolts). An authorized dealer was notified and the contact was informed that the parts needed for recall repairs were not available. The contact continued to notify the dealer for approximately one month and was constantly informed that the parts were not yet available. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and could not provide a timetable for when the parts would become available. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 1,300. Update 03/05/12

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Nov 232011

Fusion 4-cyl

I went to rotate the tires on my 2010 Fusion and I noticed on the front left that a wheel lug stud had sheared right into, always had a dealership rotate my tires. I noticed this when I was rotating my tires and the rest of the lug stud is inside my lug nut. I have contacted my local dealership and they claim they know of no incidents and does not know if Ford will cover it. I think after 280 reported incidents this should be a recall, I find it hard to believe in something like this being so dangerous that it is not already. I can say this with certainty, that after the first reported accident caused by this and the lawsuit that follows, someone will take notice.

- Bryant, AR, USA

Jun 012011

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated the passenger side front and drivers side vehicle studs were broken and replaced at multiple times. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer, and the manufacturer was not notified. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 43,000 and the current mileage was 50,000.

- Leesburg, GA, USA

Apr 172011

Fusion 4-cyl

I have a 2010 Ford Fusion SE with 12593.2 miles which I purchased new. The wheels have never been removed from the vehicle. Before removing the lug nuts of the front drivers' wheel to do a tire rotation, I noticed a lug nut missing. The stud had failed. I am very worried about the remaining studs and have read that others have had similar failures. I will be consulting my dealer Monday for a solution.

- Johnson City, TN, USA

Oct 102010

Fusion 6-cyl

Broken wheel studs 2010 Fusion 2 broke Oct 2010 left rear whell replace 2-8-11 noticed 1 missing passenger front 1 missing driver rear. Delaer will not replace all as I requested for safety. Updated 02/11/11 updated IVOQ 03/16/11

- Rockwood, MI, USA

Fusion

Involves 3 identical 2010 Ford Fusion that were purchased new for our company fleet, purchased total of 22 cars in this delivery. On 3 separate occasions involving 3 separate cars our fleet drivers experienced vibration and shimmy/shake while operating cars. It was determined in both cases that the vehicles lug nut on one vehicle and 3 on another had failed. These vehicles were never serviced other than a oil change and were less than 3 months in service when the incidents occured. They occured approxiimately one month apart and involved 3 different drivers. The cars were fixed under warranty by local Ford dealers who could not explain the reasoning other than to say someone may have tried to steal them or overtorqued the lug nuts. Vehicles were not garaged at same addresses and again were never serviced as they were new and the tires were steel wheel with hubcaps. The likeliness that 3 different cars on 3 different occasions had attempted wheel thefts is fairly low. We questioned why a thief would overtighten lug nuts, and both dealers replaced parts under warranty. Parts replaced involved wheel lug nuts and studs. Parts were retained by dealers.

Fusion 4-cyl

Involves 3 identical 2010 Ford Fusion that were purchased new for our company fleet, purchased total of 22 cars in this delivery. On 3 separate occasions involving 3 separate cars our fleet drivers experienced vibration and shimmy/shake while operating cars. It was determined in both cases that the vehicles lug nut on one vehicle and 3 on another had failed. These vehicles were never serviced other than a oil change and were less than 3 months in service when the incidents occurred. They occurred approximately one month apart and involved 3 different drivers. The cars were fixed under warranty by local Ford dealers who could not explain the reasoning other than to say someone may have tried to steal them or overtorqued the lug nuts. Vehicles were not garaged at same addresses and again were never serviced as they were new and the tires were steel wheel with hubcaps. The likeliness that 3 different cars on 3 different occasions had attempted wheel thefts is fairly low. We questioned why a thief would overtighten lug nuts, and both dealers replaced parts under warranty. Parts replaced involved wheel lug nuts and studs. Parts were retained by dealers.

Nov 072010

Fusion

I went to move my 2010 Ford Fusion in my driveway and noticed that one of my driver side rear tire lug nuts was missing. Looking closer the whole stud had sheared off. The car only has 9788 miles and an identical problem on another 2010 Ford Fusion with 10500 miles had three studs sheared on the rear passenger side wheel.

- Mason, OH, USA