2011 Ford Fusion brakes problems

Message regarding engine function

- Washington, DC, USA

Sep 202014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. While driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle failed to stop when the brakes were engaged. As a result, the contact's vehicle rear ended another vehicle. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 72,000.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Aug 162014

Fusion

I entered the cvs parking lot and made a right turn and proceeded to enter the open parking space. I stepped on the brake to shift to the park position when all of a sudden the car jolted forward accelerating in a forceful manner( like it had a mind of its own). I keep pressing down on the brake but the car would not stop and keep going straight and hit the fence on front of the parking space causing the car to bounce back. Despite my afford to stop the car with the brake it did not work. The air bag deployed and smoke and a burning smell started to come out of the car, I got out of the car immediately. I was lucky that I was not on the road and hit another car or a person.I know the my car has a problem.

- Harrison, NY, USA

Jul 102014

Fusion

During a Ford dealer inspection (customer satisfaction program throttle body calibration) on July 10,2014, was notified that the rear brake pads had approximately 2 mm left and needed immediate service. I am first owner and at 3.5 years old and 26,600 miles, this seemed very wrong. Took car to my local mechanic. Front brakes looked fine. Both rear brakes were in very bad shape (calipers, rotors, and pads). Rotors were pitted and scored with uneven wear that were beyond repair. 1 rotor was scored with a circular gouge several mm deep. Calipers not functioning properly and appeared to be sticking causing uneven, major damage to the rotors. Entire rear brakes had to be replaced. Not at all expected for this age and mileage car. Light highway and city driving. No car I have ever owned has had brake problems like this even at 8 years. Numerous comments on automobile and Ford's owners websites with similar symptoms.

- Deerfield, IL, USA

Jun 242014

Fusion

Steering feels very loose. When I hit the brakes my car steering feels very very loose.

- Townsend, DE, USA

Mar 102014

Fusion 6-cyl

I entered my car to leave work and started the car and was able to pull straight through without backing up - when I tried to slow for the exit of the parking lot the brake pedal went to the floor and the braking power was barely existent. I tested it in the parking lot again at a slow speed and the brakes improved but were still not working as they should have been. I then proceeded to carefully get the car to the dealership but halfway there they started working again. Dealership was not able to identify an issue or couldn't replicate it. Upon receiving my car back they operated as intended for a couple days before it did the same thing again. I took it to the dealership where the car was for an entire week. Dealership experienced the issue but couldn't clearly identify the culprit for the issue. They ended up manually fabricating a device to test the brake hydraulics. They replaced the brake hydraulic pump with a used unit and they claimed that resolved the issue. They seemed to work fine for a couple days after that and I then moved to another state and was out of town for an extended time for work. Upon return at the end of the first week of April the brakes exhibited the same issue. After a couple minutes of the car running and idling around my development the braking force came back. I did not have the opportunity to take the car to the dealership after this event and I was gone for the following two weeks for work. Upon return around the middle of April the brakes exhibited the same issue of the brake pedal going to the floor. Again after a few minutes and idling around my development the braking force was back up. I was again out of town for the last two weeks because of work but plan to take the car to the dealership to be serviced tomorrow. I am worried that the dealership won't be able identify the issue.

- Pardeeville, WI, USA

Nov 132013

Fusion 4-cyl

Traveling at 55mph, when the service power steering now and advance trac light came on, , no power steering, ,made it home, , tried it again in the morning still no power steering, had it towed to a Ford dealer, who said they cleared the codes and cant duplicate the problem, , the 4 codes stored were P07ae, U0415, , C1277, , C1963, , we live a rural area with no guard rails and between 20 to 150 foot drop offs, , if this would have happened to the wife, , which is her car to drive, , she wouldn't be able to steer this vehicle, , took me all I had to get it home, , not very confidant on letting her drive this car, , Ford needs to resolve this problem.

- Elroy, WI, USA

Jul 022013

Fusion 4-cyl

Power steering stopped working, and brakes acting up, very hard to drive to the side of the road and stop. Warning lights came on for power steering default and service advancetrac. Took my Fusion to the Ford dealer in grand haven, mi. To see what the problem was. Without looking at my car they said they couldn't help me, came back to my daughters home. This has happened 3 times in the last 2 weeks, when I shut the car off for awhile, it seems to correct itself. But there is no way of telling when it will happen again. I'm visiting from Pennsylvania in Michigan, and I guess I'm suppose to take the chance of driving my car the 700 miles to pa without it happening again!! considering all the comments I have seen on the internet about the same issues with other Fusion, it would seem to me that Ford might take a look at the problem and help their customers. I wondered about the Ford dealer, if he noticed my pa. Plates and I'm 77 years old, and that was that!! I hope not! right now I'm still in Michigan, deciding what to do?

- Nunica, MI, USA

Feb 272012

Fusion 4-cyl

I brought my Fusion in for service on 2/28/12 (17899 miles) for the first time w/ heavy vibration in steering wheel when applying brakes. I was told they my rotors needed to be machined, & that was covered under warranty. It was not even a month later when I could feel slight vibration in my steering wheel again, & would progress until I finally had to bring in again to be serviced with several other problems w/ my car. On 11/9/12 (32,651 miles) (1.) heavy vibration, they replaced rotors. (2) my advance trac and check braking system message kept coming up, they told me it was due to low battery voltage. (3)vehicle stalls when starting, they replaced battery. (4) skipping gears & stalling, reprogrammed PCM. On 6/15/13 my car loses all power and dies in the middle of highway @ night as I was backing out of a private drive w/ my daughter & her friend in backseat, I had to put it back in gear & jiggle key to turn off, restart car, & be able to drive off all the while cars running off the road to keep from hitting me! brought my car in for service finally again 7/11/12(44158 miles) (waited 2 weeks til they could get me in to diag)with recurring problems above + power loss! (1) car sputters/gears skip/stalling/loses power, & they find a bug mass air flow(as they said) but 1st told me TB then said no & as far as losing power they have no idea! (2)vibration in steering, rotors need to be machined again! never had this much work with rotors on any vehicle. Oh and my whole steering rack assembly needs to be replaced @ 44,158 miles!!! Ford should not be making cars that you can not get at least 100,000 miles before a $2,000+ service needs to be done on car! I told Ford even if they fixed what they said is wrong with my car today, they could not give me $1,000,000 to put myself or my child in it ever again! this car is unsafe, unreliable, and should have recalls & don't trust it!

- Silsbee, TX, USA

Sep 292011

Fusion

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. The contact confirmed that brake fluid was leaking from the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who confirmed the brake reservoir cap needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 4,200 and the current mileage was 21,000.

- Round Rock, TX, USA

Jun 142012

Fusion 6-cyl

6/14/12 car was low on fuel, but not on empty and message indicated 32 miles to E. driving up hill car lost power, did not die, moved very slowly. Able to get off street into parking lot of restaurant. Car seemed to regain power, so tried to pull back on street going down hill, but at edge of lot, I realized the brakes were not responding. I managed to avoid car coming and was able get back into the parking lot as pulling into parking spot now slight surge of speed but still no brakes and hit restaurant's sign. Took car to dealer, could not duplicate problem and blamed it all on low fuel. On 6/20 this time with tank almost full. Had same problem, car suddenly had no power, but did not die. I pulled over and turned it off and waited several minutes. When restarted went about four miles and happened again. Stopped, turned off, restarted and went a little further, but now check engine light on. Fortunately, both times not going 60 miles on the highway and suddenly no power had towed to dealer and this time, replaced the throttle body. Said it was an updated version. If they know there is a problem and have an updated version, why is there no recall? I think this could be very dangerous.

- St Louis, MO, USA