CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Fusion builds off the 2010's reputation. That's not a good thing.

2011 Ford Fusion brakes problems

2011 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jan 122016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. When the brake pedal was depressed, the brake felt soft and the pedal traveled to the floor. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the ABS module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 65,000.

- Dearborn, MI, USA

Dec 062016

Fusion

The ABS system on my Ford Fusion hybrid completely failed as I was about to get onto the 4 1/2 mile long chesapeake bay bridge. There was no advance warning that this was to happen. I managed to turn the car around and drive it to the dealer who had the car for 3 days and ultimately had to replace the entire ABS module at a cost to me of $2764. Thankfully, when this happened I did not have to apply my brakes in an emergency situation because the only braking that I could effect at that point was to depress the brake pedal all the way to the floor and bring the car gradually to a stop. This should never have happened on a vehicle with only 94,000 that is regularly serviced including a tune up at the same dealer exactly one month previously.

- Edgewater, MD, USA

Dec 262016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. While driving approximately 20 mph and attempting to stop, the brake pedal traveled to the floor when depressed. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The contact drove the vehicle home. The following day, the vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who flushed and replaced the brake fluid. The vehicle was not diagnosed by the manufacturer. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 41,800.

- Flushing, NY, USA

Nov 292016

Fusion

The ABS control unit failed and almost made me crash in the highway on N 680 exit treat blvd, and I spent $1500 just to find a solution. This is a recall that needs to be addressed.

- Walnut Creek, CA, USA

Nov 252016

Fusion

While driving the car, I hit a bump in the road at the same time as applying the brakes and the brake pedal went to the floor and was hard to stop the vehicle. I had to pump the brakes to get the pedal to come up, I believe this condition is caused by a faulty brake antilock valve as seen in you tube videos. In the videos the mechanic blamed the fault on sticking valves contained inside the valve. I believe this fault rests with the manufacturer and should be replaced at their cost because of the safety issues, the valve eventually reset itself, but returns to bypass the brake pressure when the brakes are applied on a bump. I have cautioned my wife to not hit the brakes on a bumpy road, I wish to have this vehicle recalled as soon as possible. We have been the only owners of this vehicle.

- Saginaw, TX, USA

Dec 192016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the brake pedal needed to be applied with an excessive force in order to safely stop the vehicle, while being operated at lower speeds. The failure occurred without warning. The vehicle was not taken to be diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 51,000.

- Allen Park, MI, USA

Dec 272015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving at 35 mph, the brake pedal was depressed and hit the floor when depressed. The vehicle was taken to be repaired at the dealer but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 190,000. The VIN was not available.

- Great Falls, SC, USA

Oct 212016

Fusion

On several different occasions my brake pedal has gone to the floor. Mostly when I am stopped in traffic. Twice putting my car in reverse the car surged and brake pedal went to floor

- Walker, LA, USA

Oct 172016

Fusion

At least three times on separate occasions, ABS warning lights came on and engaged suddenly while there was a loss of braking power. Brakes were spongy and could barely stop the car. Trouble codes C00002 C0022, C1012, U0415 and U30000 codes showed. My mechanics checked my mechanical brake systems and all were fine and found no problem. My mechanic thinks a computer problem is the issue. I took car to local Ford dealer and they found no braking problem.

- Arlington, VA, USA

Apr 122016

Fusion

Brake pedal randomly goes to the floor while in motion at low speeds.

- Edison, NJ, USA

Jul 072014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. While driving approximately 30 mph, the brakes were applied and the vehicle accelerated. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The failure recurred twice. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 46,000.

- Billerica, MA, USA

Sep 162015

Fusion

During a Ford/Lincoln dealer inspection during an oil cahnge on September 16,2015, my wife was notified that the rear brake pads had approximately 2 mm left and needed immediate service. The vehicle was purchased new in febuary 2011 and at 4.5 years old has 23,544 miles, this seemed very unusual. According to the service advisor/service manager the front brakes looked fine. Both sets of rear brakes were in very bad shape ( rotors, and pads). Rotors were pitted and scored with uneven wear that were beyond repair. 1 rotor was scored on the back side with two circular gouges several mm deep. According to the service advisor this unusal wear is generally caused by corrosion causing the calipers not to function properly. It appeared to be something wrong causing uneven, damage to the rotors. The entire rear brakes had to be replaced. Not at all expected for this age and mileage car. After voicing my concerns the dealer offered me a 10% discount on the repairs. The worst part was the vehicle was at the dealership in may of 2015. At that time no significant wear was documented. In fact the rear brake lining was documented at 5mm or greater. Since the last service in may the vehicle has only been driven approximately 1200 miles. The vehicle is driven on light highway and city driving. I also own a 2013 F150 with 22,000 miles and have no signs of needing brakes anytime soon. There are several comments on NHTSA, automobile, and Ford's owners websites with similar symptoms. In fact a NHTSA complaint id number: 10610434 described almost an identical set of circumstances.

- Greendale, WI, USA

Mar 022015

Fusion 4-cyl

Upon starting my car after being parked overnight, the "service advanc trac message came on along with red brake light, ABS light, traction control, and check brake system message. Ford service tech performed diagnostic and concluded ids test code B1342, internal fault in control module, needs ABS control module at cost of $860!! after doing some research online, I find that this is a very common problem with the Ford vehicles. This should be recalled!!

- Milford, IN, USA

Mar 042015

Fusion 4-cyl

When starting vehicle red brake light on, ABS light, traction control light, check brake system message and service advance trac message on verified by Ford service technician: Ids test had code for B1342, internal fault in control module, needs ABS control module replaced at cost of $860. In researching this on the internet I found that there are many complaints about this faulty module and feel that this should be recalled by Ford Motor Company.

- Milford, IN, USA

Feb 122014

Fusion 4-cyl

I am filing a formal complaint against Ford Motor Company about sudden and repeated surging occurring on my 2011 Ford Fusion. The first time the car surged as I was braking, the car suddenly surged forward. The surge threw the car approximately 10 feet before it slowed. I was able to turn onto a side street and into a parking lot to turn off the car. After quieting down I was able to start the car, making sure that there was plenty of room between me and whatever car was ahead of me when I braked at a traffic light or stop sign. After the second time it surged, as I was again braking, I had the car checked by a Ford dealership service department that was unable to find anything wrong with the car or its settings. The car did not surge when it was test-driven by the service personnel. Today, Tuesday March 3, 2015, is the third time the car has surged. I was parking the car when, as I was backing into a parking space, the car surged forward.. I turned the steering to avoid the truck parked ahead of me. While there was no damage to the truck, my passenger side rear-view mirror was severely damaged and must be replaced. The Ford service center where I took the car has estimated that it will.cost over $400 to replace the mirror. In addition there are a number of scrapes along the side of the car which a body shop will have to repaint. This is a serious safety issue. Fortunately there have not been any personal injuries as a result of the surges to date but I am very nervous about driving the car. I have now seen identical complaints about this happening with Ford Fusion on this and other automobile complaint sites. This is a factory or product defect that needs to addressed by Ford Motor Company before someone is seriously or fatally injured.

- Denver, CO, USA

Jan 132015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. While driving approximately 25 mph, the brake pedal was depressed but failed to respond causing the vehicle to crash into a gate. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was not filed and no injuries were reported. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The VIN was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 115,000.

- Jersey City, NJ, USA

Dec 312014

Fusion

First my brakes were just going bad, which was strange because I don't think they were on for over a year yet, I started hearing grinding and a loud thumping noise. Than the mechanic changed brake pads right rotor and caliper, but the brakes wouldn't bleed. Than I took the car to Ford and they couldn't bleed them either, and no one can figure out what the actual problem is. Now when I brake my pedals go to the floor and I here clicking. When I looked up brakes with my car year and model there were people with similar issues.

- Jersey City , NJ, USA

Oct 062014

Fusion 6-cyl

After starting the vehicle and putting the car in reverse with the brakes engaged, the vehicle kept reversing even with the brakes completely depressed. The brakes engaged after a couple of seconds and after that they worked normal. This issue has happened 3 more times since this first incident and the pattern has always been the same.

- Plymouth, MN, USA

Aug 152014

Message regarding engine function

- Washington, DC, USA

Sep 202014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. While driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle failed to stop when the brakes were engaged. As a result, the contact's vehicle rear ended another vehicle. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 72,000.

- Sacramento, CA, USA