CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Fusion builds off the 2010's reputation. That's not a good thing.

2011 Ford Fusion engine problems

2011 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 8 of 12)

Aug 022013

Fusion 6-cyl

Vehicle lost engine power and would not accelerate. Vehicle was maneuvered to the road side where it was shut off for 1 minute. Upon restart, vehicle drove and accelerated normally. After driving for 5 minutes, vehicle again lost engine power and would not accelerate. Vehicle was again maneuvered to the road side and shut off for 1 minute. Upon restart, vehicle drove and accelerated normally. Condition was experienced three times the same day. ECU stored code for throttle control system.

- Nashville, TN, USA

Aug 012013

Fusion

The contact owns 2011 Ford Fusion. The contact stated while driving approximately 45 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact mentioned that the wrench and the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was towed to a private mechanic where it was diagnosed that the electronic throttle body needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 60,000.

- Waxhaw , NC, USA

Jul 082013

Fusion

The first time it happened I was on a very busy highway, going up hill, to a family members house. The car stopped accelerating. I was almost hit my several cars, thankfully they missed me. Then I turned the car off and then back on and it worked fine. The second incident happened a couple days later on another busy highway on my home from work. Once again it stopped accelerating and I was thankfully close to were I could pull off the interstate before getting hit. I then took it to the Ford dealership and had to spend almost $600 on replacing the throttle body, which they knew had been defective when they sold me the car!!

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Jul 052013

Fusion 4-cyl

I drive on freeway and light came on. And I couldn't accelerate. My rpms dropped and so I need pulled off several cars need to brake because my speed reduce to fast and put me on dangerous situation.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jul 262013

Fusion 6-cyl

I was driving to work at highway speeds when I lost acceleration and had to pull over, the car went into limp mode. I shut the car off and turned it back on. I got another couple miles when it did it again. I tried to drive it again and it made it to work fine. On the way home from work, I made it about a mile when it did it again, I turned it off and then turned it back on, the car acted normal and I made it another mile before it went into limp mode and the check engine light came on. I got my car towed to the shop and found out that my electronic throttle had gone bad. I found that many other cars from Ford have had this issue as well. My car is only two years old and shouldn't have this issue already! I could have gotten into a very serious accident since I was on the highway.

- Farmington, MN, USA

Jul 242013

Fusion 4-cyl

Auto suddenly slowed down, became jerky, and had minimum response gsa pedal pressure. I pulled over, shut off the engine, restarted the engine and was able to continues driving. Ford dealer performed ids test, no codes, ran pinpoint tests by symptom. Test etb. Failed. Replaced electronic throttle body, cleared kam and road test. Total cost $433.

- Chelmsford, MA, USA

Jul 232013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving 60 mph, the vehicle suddenly stalled. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was found that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was being repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 92,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Thompson, GA, USA

Jul 032013

Fusion 6-cyl

While driving on the freeway the car went an idle speed forcing me to get off of the freeway at reduced speed. Tried to restart car several times. Would only idle rough. Let it sit 1/2 hour waiting for aaa ran ok after another restart. Repeated several times since. Once I was stalled in the middle of a traffic controlled intersection. Was told I need a new throttle body and they are back ordered could take 6 weeks before one would be available because of long list of orders. This says it is a major design/manufacture fault/issue. I feel it should be recalled and replaced free if there are that many issues with this item.

- Oconomowoc, WI, USA

Jul 212013

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving approximately 60 mph, the vehicle decelerated and began shaking. The failure intermittently recurred four times. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Moore, OK, USA

Jul 152013

Fusion 4-cyl

While driving on a highway with a fair amount of traffic the gas pedal quit working then my car stalled out. This all happened very quickly. I was able to pull to side. I restarted the car merged back on highway and in 1/4 to 1/2 mile it did it again. Once again I was able to restart it and merged back into traffic hoping to make it to the next exit, but it did it again in less then 1/4 mile. I restarted it and stayed on the side of highway. It went into limp mode and I was able to get to a gas station at next exit. The car had stalled out a month or so prior but restarted and no other issues until this reported event. Also as we researched on line my car had the surges of power or lack thereof as mentioned on line. Note: I am a person without much mechanical knowledge and this was an extremely unsettling event. I do a lot of highway driving in my work including rush hour. I am well aware that my life could have easily ended that day or been severely changed. Please address this before someone's life is ended or severely changed!!

- Strongsville, OH, USA

Jul 172013

Fusion 4-cyl

I was driving 50 mph on a major road and the vehicle started shaking and cut off. Restarted the vehicle drove less than a mile and the vehicle started shaking again and cut off. Three days prior I had a check engine light took the vehicle to the Ford dealership and they told me that I needed the sensor replaced that connected to the charcoal canister. I had the sensor replaced and know I have to have the throttle body replaced. I understand that the part is on back order but there should be some type of recall on the Fusion. If a part is on back order this tells me that it is in demand and that is not a good thing when it come to something that affects the speed of your car. If there is a recall I would like to be reimbursed for the $277 I have to spend to get the throttle body replaced.

- Chester, VA, USA

Jul 102013

Fusion

I was traveling about 45mph when the car just shut off. Had to coast to side of the side of the road almost got rear ended. This has happened at least three more times in less than a week. The service department claims to know nothing about this problem. I'm sure the service managers are told to act dumb about this issue. I have read that other people have had this same issue. What will it take to get action, someone hurt or killed??

- Beverly Hills, FL, USA

Jul 182013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while traveling 70 mph, the vehicle suddenly lost acceleration power. The vehicle was moved to the shoulder where it was shut down and restarted. The vehicle resumed at normal function however, the failure recurred shortly thereafter. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and was repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 68,000.

- Summerville, SC, USA

Jul 102013

Fusion 6-cyl

While driving down the highway, the throttle on the vehicle became unresponsive and we had to make our way across traffic to the highway shoulder. This happened at many different speeds including idle. After taking it to a local parts store to have the "service engine light" code checked, the results showed a P2112 "throttle actuator control system - stuck closed". several times the car would shut off as the tachometer was moving erratically. I feel we were lucky this didn't cause an accident as the car shutoff several times while entering intersections and driving around "blind corners".

- Englewood, OH, USA

Jun 302013

Fusion 6-cyl

1st: At stop light went green and I started to accelerate, the engine went into idle and I lost speed control. I managed to limp across the road and stop. Placed in park shutoff the engine and restarted worked normal. 6/30/13 2nd: Moving at road speed (posted limit 35) engine went to idle and I lost speed control, attempted to shutoff engine in neutral and restart problem continued. Pulled off road placed in park, shutoff engine and restarted worked normal. 7/2/13 3rd: Moving at road speed (posted limit 45) engine went to idle and I lost speed control, pulled onto side road placed in park, shutoff engine and restarted worked normal. 7/7/13 4th and 5th: When turning onto road to residence, engine went to idle and I lost speed control stopped on road, placed in park, shutoff engine and restarted worked normal.7/7/13 & 7/14/13.

- Irving, TX, USA

Jul 142013

Fusion

My car engine "stalled" (the engine was running, but there was no power from the engine to accelerate) while I was driving and in the process of increasing my speed up to the 55 mph speed limit after turning onto a major road. Since there was no engine power to accelerate, I had to let the car roll to the shoulder where I pulled over and restarted it. This has happened about 4 times in the last 6 monthsand I am very fearful that the car will stall while I am on a high speed, high traffic, multi-lane highway, which I use to drive to and from work every day.

- South Riding, VA, USA

Jul 022013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving 70 mph, the vehicle lost acceleration power. The check engine light was illuminated and the vehicle stalled. The was able to restart the vehicle. The contact took the vehicle to a repair center where a diagnostic test was performed with codes revealing a defect with the throttle body. The failure mileage was 52,000.

- Sparks, NV, USA

May 222013

Fusion 6-cyl

Electronic throttle body failure. I was driving down a major highway and my car lost power, the wrench light laminated. After trying to get off to the side of the road I shut the car off and waited a min then restarted the car. Then I proceeded on my journey. I took the car to a friend of mine who is a mechanic and had him run a diagnostic on the car and no codes show up. I have done some research on the internet to see if anyone else has had the same problem. Apparently I am not the only person with this defective part. Looks like Ford would grow a set of balls and make this a mandatory recall. It does cause a safety issue when you lose the ability to move your automobile about. You can not go any wear no matter how hard you press on the gas pedal. The dam car does not move. I guess it will take some one getting injured very badly or killed, and Ford getting a law suite before any sort of recall will be done. If anything should happen to me I will be the first in line to file a law suite because Ford is well aware of the problem but they chose to do nothing about it thus putting millions of peoples lives at stake.

- Salemburg, NC, USA

Jul 152013

Fusion 6-cyl

Engine cut-off going at 5 mph. According to aamco code P2112 appeared on their reader. This code has to do with the throttle actuator control system. Took car to local Ford dealer and was told that the part, throttle body and motor asy., are on national back order. It took at two days or two weeks to receive the part. This is not acceptable; Ford and their dealers should have this part available immediately. Does someone need to have a serious or deadly accident before action is taken?

- Union, NJ, USA

Jul 112013

Fusion 6-cyl

I was driving in traffic and my car just stopped no warning and not even able to coast it over to the shoulder. My car is out of warranty but only 2 years old I am very angry as this was a very dangerous issues and almost caused a wreck. I feel these throttle bodies should be recalled, I mean the car is only 2 years old!

- Sumter, SC, USA