CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Fusion builds off the 2010's reputation. That's not a good thing.

2011 Ford Fusion miscellaneous problems

2011 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 012014

• 1,600,140 miles

10/01/2014 turning into my school parking lot and suddenly a light came on, power steering stopped working and 'power steer failure" started flashing in my dash. Was able to come to a stop and turn off my car safely. It reset itself when I restarted it. 10/3/2014 second time, going 55 mph down a highway, same thing happened. Was able to safely pull over to kill car. Luckily I was able to steer enough to pull over.

- Campbellsville, KY, USA

Jul 242013

Fusion 6-cyl

Driving at city speeds and the power steering completely fails. Turn the vehicle off and then on again and it fixes the problem. Drive some more and a few days later, it happens again. A few days later, it completely goes. Take the car to the local Ford dealer and am charged $1832.35 for a new rack and pinion. Ladies and gentlemen, a rack and pinion won't fix itself if you turn the car on and off. I did some research on this problem on line at fordfusionforum.com. It seems to be an ABS module, not the rack and pinion. Called Ford today and they said no reimbursement was possible. A new rack and pinion for a car with only 21 thousand miles on it? crazy.

- New Rochelle, NY, USA

Jul 072014

Fusion

Power steering suddenly went out while traveling at 34-35 mph. Car dash provided a power steering failure notice and a service advanced track notice. Called dealership and am waiting on call back from my service adviser. Was in a straight away, thankfully not turning.

- Wilmington, NC, USA

Dec 072013

Fusion 6-cyl

In the beginning of December while driving my friends home my Fusion suddenly jolted and then I lost the ability to accelerate. The service wrench displayed and I had to come to a complete stop in a neighborhood. A few weeks later while driving home the same thing happened and I had to pull over to turn my car off and then on again, which seems to be the only way it will allow me to drive. Fast forward to January and I began having troubles again. This time I was on the highway and my car jolted and lost the ability to accelerate. This was a major safety issue because the highway I drive on is under construction and has no shoulder. Imagine if it would have been a busy night and I had to come to a complete stop. This has happened a total of 8 times. Seems like a huge safety issue. I bought this car used with 34,000 miles on it and have to drive a lot for work.

- Denver, CO, USA

Sep 232013

Fusion

While traveling along a 2 lane route, at approximately 55 mph, the power in the car just died. The throttle would not propel the vehicle, there was no accelaration available and luckily I was able to shift the vehicle away from congested traffic. The wrench lights were flashing, the car sputtered while this started or occurred but when I pressed the throttle the car did not respond at all and the car came to a stop. I attempted to press the gas several times but again the car did not respond and was dead (the car was still on just it would not move). I then turned the car off, waited a few moments, then tried to start it again, it sputtered but started about 20-30 seconds into my attempt. Once I started it, I engaged the throttle while in park and it responded, I then put the car in drive and it drove normally for the remaining 10 minutes of my drive.

- Woodstock, GA, USA

Sep 202013

Fusion

Was driving on a local road, speed limit was 35mph, I was slowing down to stop at a red light then it turned green so I accelerated on the gas and then the vehicle started to lose power and and did not want to go and started acting like it was going to stall, so I pulled over parked and turned the vehicle off and then waited a few minutes and turn the car back on and the car seemed fine and I was able to drive again, this has happened at least 3 times in since then and I was told it was the throttle body that needed to be replaced, I am going to replaced it and hopefully it will do the trick. I heard that this is also a problem with other Ford cars and is currently under investigation for a recall, I hope this letter helps with getting a recall submitted.

- Bessemer City, NC, USA

Aug 262013

Fusion

I was driving and needed to make a right hand turn I proceeded to make the right turn but as soon as I did my car lost power and a car turning behind me almost ran into the back of me. I pulled over put my flashers on and turned the car off, I let the car sit for about 2 minutes before starting it again. I got it started and put it in drive but as soon as I stepped on the gas pedal the car felt like it was going to stall so I put it back into park turnd the car off and tried again only this time when I stepped on the gas pedal nothing happened. I eventually got the car back to my house. I went to try driving the car today (8/30/13) and the car did the exact same thing while I was driving, it just lost all power. I feel that this is very dangerous and from what I read online this is happening a lot.

- Romulus, MI, USA

Aug 262013

Fusion

Throttle body is worn out.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Apr 012013

Fusion 4-cyl

Every time the car reaches 45 mph, there is a ringing which sounds just like a telephone ring. It is loud enough that even passengers can hear it. The only time it happens is at 45 mph, and it happens every time that speed is met. We have had it to the Ford dealership twice and we are always told "nothing has registered on the computer, and unless it registers on the computer, we can not diagnose the problem". now, the car is out of warranty, and both times it was taken to the dealership it was in warranty. I have contacted Ford motor directly and they do not have any other reports of this issue and directed me here to register the complaint.

- Paducah, KY, USA

Jul 132013

Fusion 4-cyl

Went to start car and it would not start. Ford roadside towed it the next day. After trying various things for 3 weeks Ford engineering called to tell me it was due to a lightning strike. Insurance believes it is a warranty claim as the car is still under warranty; Ford will not honor this as a warranty claim. No one at Ford has been able to give me a cost for repairs already attempted or for further repairs to make the car work normally again. I feel there is a deeper electrical issue with the car, but Ford is claiming there is nothing in the car that could supply this kind of electricity to fry several modules, fuses, and light bulbs. Worried about a bigger issue which is not being diagnosed and fixed properly. Could be a safety hazard.

- Cherry Hill, NJ, USA

Jul 292013

Fusion

I was driving on I-275 in Florida when my 2011ford Fusion completely loss power. The vehicle completely powered down and I was in rush hour traffic this was a dangerous situation this could have caused a terrible accident. Something needs to be done about this.

- Saint Petersburg, FL, USA

Jun 112013

Fusion 6-cyl

** I was giving it gas before it just died and it seemed like the gas was not getting to the engine to make it go. It put my family is danger!! something I would never get back if I lost. June 11, 2013 @ 7:30 pm: Driving from springfield to 13the street in eugene. Everything was normal, but then when I made a right turn onto 13th street then about 1 ½ blocks later the throttle control/transmission¯ indicator lit up, the car became silent and all power left. -I put the care in park -started the engine just like you normally do when you get into the car. The key acted like it was stuck a little bit before it returned to the normal position.

- Eugene, OR, USA

Mar 232013

Fusion

As I pulled into a diagonal parking space at my cvs drug store, turning at a low rate of speed or approximately 1 or 2 mph, stepping on the brake to complete the routine act of parking, there was a sudden surge of acceleration. This was not of my own volition! the estimated damage to my car is $5,000 while damaged to the other car was minor. Recently there was an article in the L.a. times about a class action lawsuit for exactly this type of surge acceleration or "flaring" and since it's likely my car was actually built in 2010 it's probably the same situation.

- Palm Springs, CA, USA

Oct 242012

Fusion

Lost rpms while driving on highway at 65mph. Unable to continue driving, car was only able to crawl at about 3mph. Required throttle body replacement.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Jun 282011

Fusion

I was traveling about 35 to 40mph when the car starting acting up. Anytime I had to slow down and then speed up the RPM would not shift, when it did shift it would jerk the car forward. I also have been having an issue where I would step on the gas and it would act as if it was in neutral. This continues to happen and I fear that one of these times I will be in an accident with my kids in the car. These are all transmission issues, I have brought it in twice now first time they did the tsb which was to reset the PCM and my ac wasn't and still is not working. Resetting the PCM did not work so now back in the shop it sits. This car is only 4 months old and already has safety issues being the transmission. There needs to be a recall before there are deaths.

- Rome , NY, USA