CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Fusion doesn’t have the same track record of power steering failure as the previous 3 model years. Of course, those owners said their steering failed at 60k–100k miles. So this appears to be a classic "wait and see" scenario.

In the meantime, there’s plenty of interior accessory problems to complain about. By themselves, each is a barely a blip on the radar. But combined, they give you that feeling of what the hell have I gotten myself into?

2013 Ford Fusion accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Fusion:

2013 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Sep 212016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the front driver seat fractured. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V164000 (seats). The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 60,035.

- Canton, OH, USA

Sep 182016

Fusion

Bolts keep coming out of my seat. While, driving and coming to a stop my seat pops and feels like it is going to come completely out. I have already had this problem fixed two times. The dealership is saying my car isn't under a recall for this issue. Also when I am stopped and begin to accelerate my seat does the exact same as when braking.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Jul 272016

Fusion

The 3rd door latch on our 2013 Ford Fusion broke while in motion on a city street while my children were in the car. The door opened and was not able to close. This originally happened to our rear left side door before Ford had recalled the part. As my husband turned left on a city street the door opened. My toddler was in her car seat next to the door and my 8 year old son had to hold the door shut till he could pull over. The car was just barely out of warranty mileage, but only 18 months. It was not recalled at that time. Next was our left front passenger door. My husband was driving a coworker home when the door latch broke. He was in the town he works in and had to leave it at their Ford dealership, due to the fact that driving it over an hour to the dealership we purchased it at was unsafe and impossible. They had to keep our car for over a month to get the part to fix it. During that time period our car sat with the door taped shut on their lot. We expected that during that month they would have fixed all the doors according to the recall, however that was not done. Why are these cars being sent back on the street with unsafe parts" are we waiting for children to fall out and die on the streets? Ford needs to be held responsible for not fixing the parts in order of their recall while they have the vehicle. Who has time to go back and forth to the dealership, deal with getting a rental car and waiting for a few parts at a time to come in and fix it. Having four young children I am terrified to get this vehicle back! the car has been back twice for the seat back replacement as well. The brackets are not safe and give out while during. Ford told us today we now need to get new parts on all the doors. Why did they fixing it with defective parts? why are they sending these cars back on the street when they are not properly fixed giving a false sense of security"

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Mar 112016

Fusion

The electric motor on the front passenger seat stopped working and without manual controls the seat cannot be adjusted.

- Milford, PA, USA

Feb 152016

Fusion

The air bag light on the dash came on. I took it into the Ford dealership and they claimed that the wiring harness under the seat was crushed, supposedly by an empty jelly jar that was under neath the seat on the drivers side. I have the jelly jar and its not even broken. Ford claims its my fault and to get in touch withmy insurance company which I have but since the light (airbag ) light has come on, my seat doesn't work does not move back or forward and the light that tells if if the seat belt is fastened doesn't work. I haven't heard back from my insurance company but im wondering if more Fusion owners than just me have had this problem with the wiring harness and if the problem is due to the location of the wiring harness rather than the jelly jar which is unbroken. I am a 72 year old woman and although im slightly overweight, I cannot imagine how my weight and the jelly jar could disable the whole case. It doesn't look crushed but I'm taking it to my mechanic tomorrow and having him take the seat out and look at the wiring harness. The vehicle was stationary when the light came on about a week ago.

- Owego, NY, USA

Oct 152015

Fusion

Driver seat rattle during accelerating and braking, the noise is kind loud, and very noticeable. The car has already done the front seat recall.

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Jul 132015

Fusion

When the car was started it indicated a safety sensor wasn't working. Everything else seemed fine. While driving down the road the air/defrost system stopped working causing windows to fog, I also lost control over the volume and all of the console systems. Only 2 of the windows would go down. Before I was able to pull over (about 5 minutes) everything started working and at the same time while driving my electronic seat started moving forward. Finally stopping maybe in one of the pre-programed positions. We have had prior issues this past winter with losing control over the console controls and the heat shutting off. This is the first time having issues with the seat moving on its own while driving. Nothing was done because we were informed that there was no code given when we brought it in to be fixed and since it was not exhibiting the problem at the time it was in the shop there was nothing they could do. We have been trying to get the electric windows fixed since owning the car. The fact that they only work intermittently may or may not be related to these other incidents.

- Orient, OH, USA

Apr 232015

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Fusion. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V579000 (air bags, seats) in January of 2015; however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact felt the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced the failure. Updated 7/21/15 the consumer received another recall regarding pawl spring tab inside the door latches. Updated 08/04/15

- Hurst, TX, USA

Oct 312014

Fusion

Hit deer going 45 miles an hour when he ran out in front of me. Vehicle check was deployed. Said airbag activated. Neither the airbag went off nor did the seat belt restraint tightened. Obtained $7000 in front end damage including radiator, hood fenders and pushed in driver door. Police officer checked the airbag for me and stated that I needed to let them know it should have deployed and did not. Had vehicle towed and called peck Ford. After 3 weeks in the auto repair stated they ran a check and it seemed the airbag was fine. They had to do a realignment and the radiator hose and bolts snapped off plus the body work. Ford stated it was in a recall but that they would not have the parts for a year. I told them I was afraid to drive it and told them about the accident and the failure of the airbag to deploy nor the restraints. Peck Ford also stated that there was not much they could do unless the airbag light stayed on when car was operating. Previously, in summer of 2014, I wrote the warranty center because my headliner had to be replaced due to wrinkling and falling in front. They replaced the headliner but it started happening again so I wrote them in summer of 2014. They stated the only recall they had was for the airbag and that I should stop driving the car immediately and call Ford. I called them and they said there was no parts available and stated then that the airbag light had to be on. Fast forward two months later and I hit a deer, no airbag deployed, the restraints did not work. Fearful when driving the car now and no help available. Driver seat now sags to one side

- Pingree Grove, IL, USA

Oct 132014

Fusion

Was driving approximately 50 miles per hour when deer hit car in front. The impact took out front bumper bumper guard hood left fender and left door. The radiator bolts cracked and dropped the radiator. I was thrown forward but neither seat belt tightened or air bag went off. The system radio went into system check and continually checked, stating airbag deployed but it did not deploy. One side of the seat on drivers side will not rise when trying to bring seat up and so seat sags to left officer that I called to the scene stated that it looked like the airbag started to deploy but when I got the car fixed they said they found the airbag still in tack. Both parties police and mechanic stated that they were surprised airbag did not go off. I called Ford about the recall and they said cannot repair unless air bag light is on. I wrote safety for Ford and they said the same thing. I called dealer back and they stated that I cannot bring in till letter arrives because the parts to replace would not be in till end of 2015.

- Pingree Grove, IL, USA

Nov 012014

Fusion

There is a sharp edge on the seat rails. I cut my finger deeply retrieving a napkin that fell between the drivers seat and center console.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Jan 042014

Fusion 4-cyl

This is an ongoing problem. There is a gap between the console in the middle of the seats and the seats. Things(for example phones, make up, anything that I carry) fall into the gap all the time. The problem is that when I put my hand inside the gap to pick up whatever falls, the mechanism has very sharp edges with oil that cut your skin. I have cut my hands many times with those sharp edges.we have tried our best to be careful but still getting cut. The cuts are very painful and annoying. Since the beginning, I expressed my concerns to the Ford dealer, they told me that other people cover the gaps with towels.they said there is nothing they can do about it. I noticed that the 2014 models do not have that problem.they corrected the safety issue in the 2014 Fusion model.

- Ca, CA, USA

Jul 172014

Fusion 4-cyl

Rear seat was folded down, rear center seat belt locked itself in the retracted position. Rear seat, driver side, would not go back up do to center belt being locked. Took car to dealership, rear center seat belt was replaced.

- Westmorland, CA, USA

May 062014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Fusion. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign id number: 14V164000 (seats). However, the parts were not available. The dealer did not provide a specific date when the parts would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repairs. The contact was not experiencing a failure.

- Marrero, LA, USA

Jun 142014

Fusion

The airbag warning light will not turn off indicating there is a malfunction (per the manual). Therefore I need to take it back to dealer to get it checked. One of the 3 memory buttons for the electronic seat adjustments is not working properly.

- Kennesaw, GA, USA

Feb 012013

Fusion 4-cyl

Seat headrests sit too far forward causing back and neck pain. Cannot adjust to a comfortable driving position.

- Dearborn, MO, USA