CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Fusion doesn’t have the same track record of power steering failure as the previous 3 model years. Of course, those owners said their steering failed at 60k–100k miles. So this appears to be a classic "wait and see" scenario.

In the meantime, there’s plenty of interior accessory problems to complain about. By themselves, each is a barely a blip on the radar. But combined, they give you that feeling of what the hell have I gotten myself into?

2013 Ford Fusion brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Fusion:

2013 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Jul 202015

Fusion

I took my car to the dealership because originally my door latch stopped working. When I went to pick up my car, they told me the electronic steering, or the epas, went out on the car. They said it's not the first time they've seen this happen and weren't surprised at all. I've contacted Ford and the original dealership where I purchased the car and both told me there was nothing that could be done but keep the receipts if I get it repaired just in case there is a recall. Also, this issue is unrelated to the steering bolt recall.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Mar 312015

Fusion 4-cyl

Started up the vehicle in the morning after sitting all night, buzzers, warning lights and messages popped up on the instrument cluster. "hill assist not available" "service advance trac" two light are also illuminated, traction control and stability control. The short 3 flash signals work but the sustained flash will not, the signal will flash once and shut off. The biggest safety concern is the power steering assist does not work. It will actually jerk the steering wheel in the opposite direction! unfortunately I had to drive the vehicle 40 miles to work. It grinds and pops as the wheel is turned like it is trying to rip the tie rods loose. I am automotive savvy and felt I could handle driving it, however if my wife was to drive this vehicle I would fear there would've been an accident.

- Parma, OH, USA

Jan 122015

Fusion

About 2wks a go I noticed the following messages on dashboard.... 1- service advance trac (on right side of speedometer, there were two vehicle on a trac icons) 2- hill assist not available. 3- ABS light stayed on while driving. All the above warning messages came on every time I started the car and had to hit the ok button several times to make the hill assist message go away, but ABS and service advance trac remained on while driving. Two days ago, while driving to work, I notice the car started turning diagonal and sliding forward towards on coming lane on the left, I managed to bring my car back over to my lane and this is when I notice it picked up a little bit more speed, kept on sliding at an angle, by this time the car is now perpendicular to the road, sliding forward at the same time heading towards the ditch on the right, my car kept sliding without any sense of traction, fell on its left side and kept on going and landed in the embankment in the snow on its left side. It did snow the week before and the roads were plowed, I have driven this road many times in the snow (at times without being plowed) without any issues listed above and I also know how the car is suppose to feel when traction is working and I did not feel that. This is my first time having this problem and having this type of accident. Thank god, I was not hurt and was able to climb out of the car through the passenger door in 10degree weather while the car was standing on its left side. I did notify the dealer when the warnings initially came on and was to bring it in last Thursday, but unfortunately I did not get out of work in time and dealer had closed. I called them the next day and service person assured me it was ok to drive it until I brought it in. The dealer service dept were very helpful and provided me with rental car until car is fixed. I have pics if needed.

- Van Buren, ME, USA

May 122014

Fusion

While driving on Pennsylvania toll road to Massachusetts, the "service advance traction" and "hill start assist not available" warning and "air bag" symbol came on. Next day I went to the dealer maguire's Ford of hershey, 100 N.thistledown dr, palmyra, pa 17078. The dealer reported that rcm module must be replaced, however part is on national back-order and not available ( 300 cases). I had to sign that I was informed that in a case of an accident the air bag system will not work. The dealer informed my home dealer kerry Ford in cincinnati oh and sent a fax with information to order a part. I called my dealer when I returned back to Ohio from my vacation and as of today 05/27/2014 part is still not available, no date of part delivery is known.

- Hamilton, OH, USA

Jan 152014

Fusion 4-cyl

TL - the contact owns a 2013 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving 10 mph, the traction control warning light illuminated and the vehicle entered limp mode. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to accelerate. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where it was scheduled for a diagnostic. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 23,000 and the current mileage was 26,000.

- Lake Ariel , PA, USA

Aug 022013

Fusion

On August 02, 2013, my 2010 Ford Fusion 3.0 while driving on DC metro area 495 highway I noticed that even I have pressing the gas pedal the vehicle started to stalled almost having a mayor accident. I turned off trying to figure out what happens and decided to turned on again and working like nothing happens for at lease two weeks when happens again. I check with the Ford to see if there are having a recalls on that and I was told that they are not receive to many complains on that to create a mayor recalls on that but lookin online I saw alot of complains. That make me believe that Ford motors company knows about the problems and because of the cost of repair and parts and the amounts of vehicle involve on the problems they do not wanted to fixed.

- Landover, MD, USA

Feb 202013

Fusion 4-cyl Diesel

Since I took delivery of my vehicle, I have occasionally received warnings regarding a failure of the traction control and hill assist systems while starting the vehicle. This was reported to the dealership a couple of times, with "no issues found" reported by the dealership service department. After paying close attention to my starting procedures, I have been able to repeat the warnings while performing the following specific starting procedure... 1) remotely start the vehicle (factory installed remote starter), 2) insert the key and turn to the first position, 3) keep key in this position for 1-2 seconds, 4) turn the key to the run position. These steps will cause the warnings every time. By turning the car off and restarting, the warnings are gone, and there are no history of the warnings in the vehicle computer. I have shown this starting procedure to the dealership service department and have complained directly to Ford with no reply. I continue to drive my vehicle unsure if there is a valid issue or not.

- Beverly Hills, MI, USA