CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Fusion doesn’t have the same track record of power steering failure as the previous 3 model years. Of course, those owners said their steering failed at 60k–100k miles. So this appears to be a classic "wait and see" scenario.

In the meantime, there’s plenty of interior accessory problems to complain about. By themselves, each is a barely a blip on the radar. But combined, they give you that feeling of what the hell have I gotten myself into?

4.1

2013 Ford Fusion lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Fusion:

2013 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Mar 052016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Fusion. When activating both the left and right turn signals, the signals failed to remain active until switching lanes. The signals turned on intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 62,000.....updated 07/05/16 the consumer stated the turn signals would intermittently turn off after 3 or 4 flashes before the turn was complete or a lane change. The dealer fixed the issue on 05/16/16.

- Dansville, NY, USA

Jun 012014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Fusion. While driving approximately 70 mph, the exterior and interior lighting shut off. After driving a little further, all the lights illuminated again; however, the failure recurred. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer where it was diagnosed that there were no failures. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 16,000.

- Sibley, LA, USA

Dec 012015

Fusion

The mechanism that cancels the turn signal after completing the turn is malfunctioning. Intermittently the turn signal will cancel prematurely, potentially causing the driver to turn into the path of an oncoming vehicle which thinks the driver is not tuning, because the turn signal is not flashing. The condition sometimes appears after applying only very slight input to the steering wheel, or applying no input at all, while stopped at a traffic signal for instance.

- Dunnellon, FL, USA

May 302013

Fusion

Whether moving or stationary, the vehicle turn signal will intermittently turn off after 1 or 2 blinks before the steering wheel is moved. This seems to be a random but dangerous problem in traffic. Dealer claims not to be able to replicate this problem but the manufacturer has modified the turn signal mechanism in later model years

- Edgewater Park, NJ, USA

Sep 012015

Fusion

Low beam head light passenger side has dimmed reflective surface appears cloudy as per recall 12C27 was originated to address, this vehicle conforms to this recall's manufacture date of October 04-2012 and at the affected facility of hermosillo, Mexico, the dealer was contacted yet refuses to honor the repair stating that my vehicle is not affected by this recall!

- Tobyhanna, PA, USA

May 012013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Fusion. While driving 35 mph, the accelerator pedal was depressed, but the vehicle hesitated and lost power. The contact mentioned that all the warning lights, gauges, and meters on the instrument cluster failed to function. In addition, the contact stated that the low beam head lamps were activated but were dim. As a result, the contact's visibility was diminished. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer multiple times. The technician diagnosed that the clutch, transmission, and the computer needed to be reset. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 18,000.

- Germantown , TN, USA

Apr 092015

Fusion 4-cyl

While driving my 2013 Ford Fusion I suddenly lost power steering control. There were two alarm messages service advance trac and hill start assist unavailable. This is the second time this has happened with this car. The first time was in 2014 and davidson Ford of watertown NY fixed the issue then.

- Watertown, NY, USA

Mar 312015

Fusion 4-cyl

Started up the vehicle in the morning after sitting all night, buzzers, warning lights and messages popped up on the instrument cluster. "hill assist not available" "service advance trac" two light are also illuminated, traction control and stability control. The short 3 flash signals work but the sustained flash will not, the signal will flash once and shut off. The biggest safety concern is the power steering assist does not work. It will actually jerk the steering wheel in the opposite direction! unfortunately I had to drive the vehicle 40 miles to work. It grinds and pops as the wheel is turned like it is trying to rip the tie rods loose. I am automotive savvy and felt I could handle driving it, however if my wife was to drive this vehicle I would fear there would've been an accident.

- Parma, OH, USA

Feb 062015

Fusion 4-cyl

Took vehicle in for a number of issues, two of which were the left turn signal would shut off prematurely to completing a left hand turn and also both side view mirrors (mostly drivers side) would always reset itself to some random position other than the one I set them too whenever the vehicle would receive power, (when car is off and I would either open any door or press unlock on key fob or use keyless entry) mirror issue is easily duplicated (turn car off and open door to cut power, close door, lock car, and must wait at least 1 minute for all power to fully shut off, then unlock car and mirrors would randomly move around, almost as if they were trying to calibrate themselves) dealer witnessed mirror issue as it's easily recreated, did a bunch of updates of various control modules and then said car is fixed. Car was however not fixed as I went to use my turn signal to exit dealer parking lot, the turn signals now would not stay on at all for either turning direction. I must now hold up or down on turn signal lever in order to keep signals blinking, also the mirrors still randomly move when energizing vehicle. Dealer unable to trouble shoot issue further as tech was leaving now much drive my car with malfunction mirrors and even worse turn signal issue caused by the updates they did perform. Unhappy and no courtesy vehicle offered.

- Barrie, CA, USA

Nov 122014

Fusion

Pulling into a parking lot and the display flashed warning and dinged, power steering failure. Shut car off, warning gone, taking it to dealership tomorrow. Also to note ever since buying the Fusion the turn signals will randomly shut off before completion of turn, sometimes even before turn, every time the turn signal was activated all the way not just the first stage.

- Davenport, IA, USA

Sep 132014

Fusion

I was driving on the blue ridge parkway on a sunny day. My headlights were set at "auto." This selection automatically turns my headlights from daylight running lights to full headlights based on the amount of light outside. I entered one of the many tunnels on the parkway and my lights did not come one. It was a short tunnel, so I thought perhaps the sensor didn't "think it was dark enough." However, for each tunnel after that, and to this day regardless how long or dark the tunnel, my "automatic" headlights do not turn my headlights on. This creates an unexpected complete lack of vision. Ford corporate and my local Ford service department both agreed that this is not unusual, that the automatic headlights often take up to 20 seconds to make the adjustment. I know no other car where this adjustment isn't nearly instantaneously. Had there been a cyclist in the tunnel or had I met another car, this "anomaly" could have been catastrophic.

- Asheville, NC, USA

Jan 182013

Fusion 4-cyl

I have been complaining about the headlamps on my vehicle since I first purchased it. I have brought it to the dealer on 2 occasions complaining that the headlamps are too dim. I avoid driving this vehicle at night because I will not be able to avoid a road hazard, they are that dim. I have to use the high beams when driving at night to feel safe. I also have a 2013 Honda Accord that my wife drives, and the low beams on the Honda light up the road like a runway. There is a recall for the headlamps on the 1.6L eco boost, but they tell me it doesn't apply to my vehicle because I have a 2.5L. I have compared vehicles and I see no difference in application. If the issue cannot be resolved through my dealer, I will have to sell the car, because it is not safe to drive at night. Thank you.

- San Ramon, CA, USA

Feb 112014

Fusion 4-cyl

The left and right turn signals have malfunctioned, I.e., they either do not stay on longer than one flash cycle, or they shut off prematurely. The function is not being confused with the 3 flash lane change feature this feature works 100% of the time. Premature shutting off of the turn signal typically (but not always) occurs when making a turn from a full stop. When the signal is actuated, it flashes for 10 30 seconds while sitting at a stop light (wheels are positioned straight ahead). When the traffic light changes and I just begin to turn the wheel, the signal shuts off. The immediate shut off issue does not happen as frequently as the premature issue, but when it does happen, I cannot get the turn signal to function for more than one flash at a time. Both described issues have occurred since the vehicle was about 3 months old. This issue will be reported for the first time when the vehicle goes in for its next service.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Apr 082013

Fusion 4-cyl

On multiple, random occasions, the left and right turn signals have malfunctioned, I.e., they either do not stay on longer than one flash cycle, or they shut off prematurely. The function is not being confused with the 3 flash lane change feature ? this feature works 100% of the time. Premature shutting off of the turn signal typically (but not always) occurs when making a turn from a full stop. When the signal is actuated, it flashes for 10 ? 30 seconds while sitting at a stop light (wheels are positioned straight ahead). When the traffic light changes and I just begin to turn the wheel, the signal shuts off. The immediate shut off issue does not happen as frequently as the premature issue, but when it does happen, I cannot get the turn signal to function for more than one flash at a time. Both described issues have occurred since the vehicle was about 3 months old. This issue will be reported for the first time when the vehicle goes in for its next service.

- Beverly Hills, MI, USA

Feb 152013

Fusion

The front body panels around the headlights are loose and you can hear some kind of a rattle around the back passenger side door when you get over 55 mph.

- Williamsport, IN, USA