2.1

2005 Honda CR-V electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda CR-V:

2005 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Nov 092016

CR-V

About every month we have had to replace the front low beam headlights on either the drivers side or passenger side. We have replace the entire headlight assm and use surgical gloves to put in the bulbs. They blow on the road and nobody can explain why and it is dangerous.it started awhile ago.

- Wilton, NH, USA

Apr 102016

CR-V

Headlights (halogen) burn out within months of install, repeatedly.

- Riverside, CA, USA

Jan 132016

CR-V

The headlights keep burning out every 3-6 months, this can't be normal. I keep reading complaints online from others experiencing the exact same thing but Honda is not taking responsibility. Besides being costly, time-consuming and annoying, it is a safety hazard and it is illegal, you can get a ticket for driving with a burnt light. In addition the light on my dashboard has gone out, and the 2 rear doors electrical locks do not work.

- Oldsmar, FL, USA

Jan 082016

CR-V

Since purchasing the vehicle two years ago, the headlights have been replaced 6 times. Both driver and passenger sides fail. It has become a safety issue as I am often caught in the dark without proper lighting. Each time the bulbs were installed correctly. Last bulb failed 1/8/2016.

- Berwyn, IL, USA

Sep 302014

CR-V

My 2005 CR-V AWD, four door locks failed within two months, first the passenger side door, then the rear passenger side, then the driver side, and then the tail door lock, I took it to a local dealer, and was told all the actuators were not working. I had two of them replaced, they are expensive. I was told there is a recall on the 2007 models, I think they should start an investigation on 2005 models also,

- Johns Creek, GA, USA

Nov 122015

CR-V

My headlights have been failing since I bought the vehicle 3 years ago. I've xhanged a multitude of lights, had the combination switch cleaned 3 times and finally put in a new switch, all with no results. So I found a recall EA11012 and Honda says it's not for my VIN number. This has been an ongoing problem for CRV's. it happens when driving and is a safety and fire issue.

- Valley Center, CA, USA

Jul 152015

CR-V

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the front driver side power window switch failed to operate. In 2013, the vehicle was serviced under NHTSA campaign: 12V486000 (electrical system, visibility). There was no failure prior to the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Stanford , CT, USA

Jul 092011

CR-V

For the last four years, I have had to replace headlight bulbs due to unexplained failure. I have needed to replace bulbs anywhere from one to six months. I would like my vehicle to be recalled for electrical system:wiring:interior/under dash exterior lighting:headlights exterior lighting:headlights:high/low beam dimmer switch exterior lighting:headlights:switch

- Milliken, CO, USA

Dec 092007

CR-V

Since 12/9/2007, I have had 22 low beam headlight H1 bulbs burn out. I have read posts by hundreds of other 2005 Honda CR-V owners having the same issue with the headlights burning out. I see that Honda has issued a recall for the 2002-2004 Honda CR-V for this issue, but the 2005 and 2006 models should also be corrected.

- West Chester, PA, USA

Mar 022015

CR-V 4-cyl

2005 Honda CR-V. consumer writes in regards to airbag and door switch issues. The consumer was informed there was no defect with the air bag. The consumer was unable to open the door using the remote. The consumer sent in recall# 12V486000.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Feb 152011

CR-V 4-cyl

Front driver side headlight keeps burning out. I have to keep changing it every few months. Now, it appears that the headlight has electrical issues. Low beam is very dim and the high beam does not work. I also experienced other type of electrical issues. Very often, the fuel cap warning light comes on. I check every time and the cap is screwed on tightly. After a few time turning my car off and on the light goes out. Also, after I drive my car, it always smells like burned plastic. My research on indicates that many other owners of the same year make and model had not only similar but same issues with their headlights. Can something be done about this? I will have to have my headlight fixed and will cost me a lot $$$$.

- Maple Valley, WA, USA

Oct 112013

CR-V 4-cyl

The vehicle was difficult to start on the first cold day of the season. When checking the voltage on the battery, I found that there was corrosion on the positive connection. I also noticed that the original clamp had been replaced with an after-market clamp. Further inspection revealed corrosion back through the cable itself which would not allow cutting the affected cable because it would have been too short to reach the battery.

- Walsenburg, CO, USA

Nov 122014

CR-V 4-cyl

The passenger side headlight went out in the middle of October. When I went to replace the bulb I noticed the element was not broken inside the bulb. At that point I took it into the dealership. The mechanic took the bulb from the passenger's side headlight and put it into the driver's side headlight and took the driver's side headlight and put it into the passenger's side headlight. He did not replace either bulb. This appeared to fix the problem because both headlights were bright when turned on. About a month later in the middle of November, again the passenger side headlight went out. It was the same problem as before, the bulb was in perfect shape but not shining. I took it back to the dealer again and this time the mechanic was not able to resolve the issue by the same means as before (switching light bulbs) or by replacing them with new bulbs. The dealership told me I need to replace the entire wiring for the passenger side headlight which is going to cost $1600.

- Kapaa, HI, USA

Nov 012012

CR-V 4-cyl

Circa November 2011 the driver's door actuator on my 2005 Honda cr/V failed. Subsequently two additional door lock actuators failed. The dealer wants circa $300 to repair each of these actuators. I believe these are design flaws and that Honda should repair/replace these actuators on an extended/goodwill warranty basis.

- Stephens City, VA, USA

Jan 012014

CR-V

Drivers side door locks: The door lock on the drivers side will not lock or unlock the drivers door unless the key is used on the drivers side. Trying to unlock/lock the doors with the remote will work for all the doors except the drivers. Trying to unlock/lock the doors with the key will work for all the doors except the drivers unless you are using the key on the drivers side.

- Capitol Heights, , MD, USA

Mar 052008

CR-V 4-cyl

I have replaced both the high beam and low beam bulbs a total of 17 times. This is a common problem with the Honda CR-V's with no resolution. Honda uses a unique connection at the bulb which I believe may be the culprit.

- Sterling Heights, MI, USA

Oct 222014

CR-V

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. while parked, the driver side door caught fire. The contact extinguished the fire. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the failure was related to the electrical switches. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Hanover Park , IL, USA

Nov 162010

CR-V

Low beam headlight lamps need to be replaced sevral times per year.

- Annadale, VA, USA

Oct 012014

CR-V

The driver side headlight went out for the third time in 12 months. These vehicles need to be recalled and fixed, as the 2004 model was recalled but the 2005 models seem to have the same issue.

- Edison, NJ, USA

Aug 192014

CR-V

The car repaired with the Honda dealer as per the recall notice for the "2002-2006 CR-V driver's power window master switch" today when it was parked in the covered parking garage of the macy's corporate place, it got fire after 1 hour it was parked. The driver side switch controls was completed melted and caught fire police and fire dept came and put the fire out the car was towed to classic collision 3507 old norcross road, duluth 30096 and they judged as total loss Honda's replaced master switch is no help - it caused the fire and have photos to back it up.

- Marietta, GA, USA