2014 Honda CR-V engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda CR-V:

2014 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 212014

CR-V 4-cyl

On June 21, 2014 at approx 9:34 am, as I was coming out of my parking space to turn left, as I took my foot off the brake pad, slightly touched the gas pedal *& my car shot like a bullet! it was going so fast it was hard for me to control it (it was faster than being on the highway); I pressed on the brake pads & the car wouldn't slow down. I managed to make another left (as straight would have caused me to crash into the bldg) while the vehicle is moving at an unknown accelerated speed. As I turned left, going around vehicles, I pressed harder on the brake pad & the car shot even faster than before! I went through the fence & into a sedan that was parked across the street from the parking lot, my vehicle jumped & landed on the driver side parallel to the sedan. The airbags deployed, deflated, I took off my seatbelt, went to open the doors but the doors wouldn't open. I was frantic, the car was smoking, red & green lights were on the dashboard. I tried exiting via the sunroof; that worked, that's how I got out of the vehicle (with the assistance of people passing by). I had just leased this vehicle on Tuesday, June 17, 2014; it was a Honda CRV 2014. Since then I've found some articles online where individuals have experienced almost the same frightening situation that I encountered (google acceleration when braking in Honda CRV). I'm beyond scared to ride in a car or a taxi; I'm not sure when I would ever want to get in a car again. I'm even afraid of crossing the street when there's Honda at a stoplight. I can hardly sleep because the events keep playing in my head; I'm paranoid! I'm still experiencing aches and pains from the accident, no broken bones however. I'm seeking to sue Honda for what could have been an ending of my life, due to their product defect. Can you help me" can you refer to me a product liability attorney that would pursue a suit"

- Bronx, NY, USA

Jul 012014

CR-V 4-cyl

My Honda CRV 2014 - from a stop it hesitates when I accelerate, nothing happens, then it jumps ahead. This happens almost all the time. I feel this is a dangerous defect. I am afraid to go on a highway ramp when you have to react quickly to advance onto the road. Another problem is when at a red light when the light turns green I step on the gas nothing happens then it jumps ahead. I could hit the car in front of me!! I took the car to my dealer in tenafly, N.J. two times. They found nothing wrong because it didn't happen to them. I am very concerned for my safety and others. I don't know if anyone else has complained.

- Dumont, NJ, USA

Apr 042014

CR-V

Rapid and uncontrolled deceleration of the vehicle in an unsafe manner while driving.we were almost hit by the following car.we lost of all instrumentation, all of the warnings lights indicate failure, speedometer, tachometer, airbags, vsa, brakes, ABS, etc.. the car has been repaired 4 times. #1(4/4/14) replaced vsa module and bleed brakes+ reset codes, #2 (4/8/14) replace 2 wiring harnesses and verify connections+ reset codes, #3(5/8/14) measure all can buss voltages & drive with meter+ reset codes, #4(6/10/14)dealer thinks they have found a loose ground & replaced ECM/PCM module+reset codes, drove a couple hundred miles then returned. The loose pin may have been from replacing the harness and removing connectors multiple occasions. Vehicle has been in for 30 days of service combined. In 1857 miles the vehicle has failed 4 times. You have no speed indication while driving during and after the event. Feels like the brakes come on or car is forced into low gear throwing passengers forward and causing following cars to evade the car. There are many error codes during these events. After shutting the car off and restarting car multiple times all indicators will return to normal except for the check engine light. We have pictures and video of three of the events.

- So.Walpole , MA, USA

Oct 242013

CR-V 4-cyl

I bought a new Honda CRV 2014 model on 10/04/2013. On 10/24/2013, I wore flip flops while going to pick up my son from the school, which is 5 miles away from my home. My leg got stuck and I couldn't move my leg from gas pedal to apply brakes, as I entered the school premises. Car started to accelerate as my flip flop got stuck in the groove between plastic and metal trim next to the gas pedal. I swerve of the road and hit a tree to avoid collision with the vehicle in front of me. I think there is an issue with the way the trim is designed in Honda CRV 2014 models. If someone wearing a flip flop"S while driving, it can get stuck in the trim and cause fatal accidents. I didn"T see this issue in older model years of CRV. My family is traumatized by the accident and very scared to sit or travel in the car. I was fortunate to come out of it without any major injuries but this may not be the case for others.

- Northville, MI, USA