CarComplaints.com Notes: Mercedes-Benz vehicles may come with an "Attention Assistant" to alert you if you fall asleep behind the wheel, but the 2015 Honda CR-V has a different approach: just shake the heck out of you so you never fall asleep in the first place.

Owners have complained that the popular SUV shakes violently both while idling and while driving. Buyer beware.

2015 Honda CR-V accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda CR-V:

2015 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Dec 012014

CR-V

The Honda CRV ex-L 2015 idles rough/vibrates profusely when in drive/foot on brake. The steering wheel, headrests, items in the cup holder all rattle/vibrate vigorously when the vehicle is idling at approx. 550-600 RPM. Even the back seats carry the vibration of the vehicle. My children (back seat passengers) now complain of nausea/headaches when in the vehicle for prolonged periods of time. This is much more than an 'annoyance'. this is extremely distracting to the driver, causing the driver to potentially loose Focus on what is important, which is safe driving. I've had passengers comment on the vigorous vibration as well. We have brought the vehicle in for service numerous times. The vibration/rough idle was indeed confirmed; however, there is no way for the service dept to fix. A service request has been sent to Honda as there is no 'fix' at this time. Completely unacceptable for a new vehicle. There are many consistent complaints of this exact problem on reputable websites all stating that Honda is not fixing the problem.

- Ellington, CT, USA

Jan 052015

CR-V 4-cyl

I purchased a new 2015 Honda cr V in November 2014. The test drive was perfect. However, I began to notice slight vibration in my driver's seat at stop lights and anytime car was idling in drive with foot on brake. I contacted mt local dealer who told me I must contact Honda corporation and open a case file on my car. I contacted Honda corporate and was told they are investigating but have no idea if or when this vibration can be stopped. The vibration seems to get worse as mileage increases. The car had 3,400 miles on it when I decided to trade the CRV and take the loss financially. I paid cash for the car, but the vibration seemed to get worse daily and felt it was not worth the risk to jeopardize my possible safety. I am very, very disappointed with Honda and will no longer purchase any Honda vehicle.

- Bloomington, IN, USA

Jan 012015

CR-V 4-cyl

My brand new 2015 Honda CR-V is experiencing strong vibrations in idle when in drive. I can feel the vibrations in my seat as I am in idle, but it is most noticeable when the passenger seat is empty as it shakes aggressively from the vibrations. It's annoying and its distracting when driving. There are many complaints on the internet on this issue but Honda is calling it a "characteristic" of the car. I've called the dealership twice now but they have no fix so they are basically telling me I am out of luck at this time and to wait it out. I've also made a phone call to Honda America and awaiting a call back on my case. A brand new car with this price tag should not have vibrations when in idle. Many consumers are worried about the long term effects of this vibration to the car.

- Brighton, MA, USA

Mar 082015

CR-V 4-cyl

I purchased a Honda CRV several days ago and found there is a very strong distracting vibration in the driver and passenger front seats while driving. The seats shake. It almost caused me to get in an accident yesterday. The vibration continues to get worse. It is constant but very present upon idling or coming to a stop. The dealer service department acknowledged the problem as well as Honda but no fix available.

- Malvern, PA, USA

Dec 012014

CR-V

Car and seats vibrate at stop light intersections with foot on the brake. Vibration is even more pronounced if car is idling on an incline. Putting car in neutral stops the vibration. Vibration can be felt in both front seats and in the steering wheel. Very, very annoying and frustrating considering this $30,000 car. I am very disappointed in Honda and their refusal to acknowledge the vibration.

- Bloomington, IN, USA

Jan 172015

CR-V 4-cyl

My brand new 2015 Honda CRV for first 2 days it feels wonderful. From day 3rd car is vibrating like a message chair on stop light. And dealer or Honda doesn't have any solution! I am real not fill safe while the driving this car and even I didn't get any response from Honda and my dealership. Honda dealer and America Honda are aware of this issue. Just google for the issue and you will know. My brand new 2015 Honda żż CRV is vibrating like a message chair on stop light (ideal) and drive D. Honda seems they are not considering me a good customer but how can I forget that I spent 25K+ on the car which is just a headache to drive, not safe and get it fixed. It is vibrating really worst and engine make so noise which is not as usual. Honda and dealership are not take any action for that I went over there two times but they don't have any solution. Does this car is safe to drive? even I am not getting any appropriate answer from them. Please need your help..

- Plano, TX, USA

Jan 312015

CR-V

Noticeable idle time vibration while stopped at stop sign and 'd' mode. Vibration is so heavy that it makes my legs go numb and uncomfortable.

- Evansville, IN, USA

Dec 152014

CR-V 4-cyl

The idle speed for the vehicle is too low. With the engine warmed up, you can step on the brake (as is typical at a red light) and the car will vibrate a lot and the driver will feel an uncomfortable vibration. At times, it seems like the engine might shut off. When the brake pedal is released and the engine RPM increase a little bit, the vibration stops. A quick search on the internet will reveal that this is a very common problem.

- Easton, PA, USA

Nov 082014

CR-V 4-cyl

I have brought a brand new Honda CRV AWD LX model from Honda dealer in NJ. From the day one, I noticed some vibration on the front seat of the car when I am at the stop sign/signal with car in the drive mode with my foot on the brake pedal the vibration is random and not always but can be feel at the back of your body and it is very strong sometime that as a drive you get distracted and feel very uncomfortable while driving. I went to the dealer and able to duplicate the problem and showed it to their technician on 24th Nov 14. The technician took the vehicle for test drive and called me after an hour to share his conclusion. Dealer took another brand new 2015 Honda CRV and found the same issue with other vehicle. Also, based on the testing the dealer concluded that this problem is there in all new Honda CRV 2015. They told me they are helpless and cannot do anything and asked me to contact american Honda(all these details he gave me in the service document). I called american Honda(not one time but several times), they gave me the case number and told me to go to the dealer to fix the issue. I told them that I went to the dealer and they find the issue in the vehicle. I got a call from some mr mohammad(case manager) who represented himself as rm for NJ area. Without doing anything he closed my case, I called again and asked them to open the case. Mr mohammed called me again and told me that this is one of the characteristic of Honda CRV(vibration issue) I mean he told vibration is a designed functionally and I have to live with this like all other users are living. I said to provide the email or phone of management so as to talk to them but he did not provide me the information and closed my case without my consensus and said we are helpless.

- Piscataway, NJ, USA