Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Mercedes-Benz vehicles may come with an "Attention Assistant" to alert you if you fall asleep behind the wheel, but the 2015 Honda CR-V has a different approach: just shake the heck out of you so you never fall asleep in the first place.

Owners have complained that the popular SUV shakes violently both while idling and while driving. Buyer beware.

2015 Honda CR-V accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda CR-V:

2015 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Aug 232016

My car vibrates horribly at rest while in gear at a stop light, shakes so bad I have to put it in neutral. Something rattles under my tail gate, I had it looked at, they said its a partial recall that hasn't been fixed yet. When I back up and put it in drive, my transmission gargles and my car shakes before it goes. It constantly shakes on the highway, ive had it realigned and tires balanced twice in 3 months. This car is awful.

- Throop, PA, USA

Jun 092016

The contact owns a 2015 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the vehicle seat height adjuster failed. The seat had to be readjusted to correct the height each time when entering the vehicle. The failure occurred while driving. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 19,000. The VIN was not available. Updated 07/12/16

- Faber, VA, USA

Mar 152016

Vehicle stopped and idling while in gear, vibration felt throughout the cabin. To the point where it is immediately observable, distracting, and could possibly give me a headache on longer stop-and-go trips. Contacted Honda Consumer Affairs and they had dealer perform the applicable fixes but issue remains. Dealer claims they can't feel the vibration, however, they aren't in the car as long as I am (or are trying to cover the problem). Honda claims they can do nothing else but they will inform me of any fixes in the future. Also mentioned that I should report this issue elsewhere as they can no longer help me at this time. Per their suggestion, I'm reporting this here.

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Oct 122015

Honda CR-V 2015 vibration. Last year I purchased a 2015 Honda CR-V and as with most other owners, it has a bad vibration issue while at a stop in drive mode with foot on the brakes. I also vibrates at low speeds between 40 -50 mph and around 70 mph. I has been in the shop 4 times but still vibrates while stopped in the drive mode (in gear with foot on brake). I have filed a complaint with Honda Corp and they said even with the 4 suggested repairs which has already been preformed on my car by the local Honda service center, this will not stop the vibration issue and that Honda has no other known fix to stop the vibration issue and that they will not replace the car. The local Honda service center verbally acknowledges the vibration issue but refused to put it on the service report that there is still a vibration issue. I see all the post from other owners with the same issue. This a distraction and I consider it a safety issue as one, time while I was setting at a red light, it started vibrating and while I was distracted by the seat and car vibrating, the truck behind me blew his loud horn and I almost ran the red light that had changed while I was distracted. I know there was a class action law suit but I do not know the status of it. They had to know about the problem prior to sending the 2015 Honda CR-V to the dealers, but nobody informed the buyers of this issue.

- Mobile, AL, USA

Dec 152015

We purchased a new Honda CRV 2015 December of 2015. The same week we took the car home, we noticed a very strong vibration at idle when the car is in gear, for example, when stopping at a red light. The vibration is so strong that it feels as if one is sitting in a 'massaging chair'. we (my wife and I) have gotten dizzy and nauseated from the vibration. We notified the dealership and american Honda immediately. Since then, the dealership attempted to repair the car 5 times and was unsuccessful. I then requested them to buy the car back and they denied it. They even said that they were not going to repair my car anymore for the same issue. The last time I took the car to the dealership was Saturday February, 13 2016. In the repair order, the dealership clearly states that the vibration was present after the repair.

- South San Francisco, CA, USA

Sep 082015

Bought a Honda because of the safety and mpg rating, unfortunately, after 20-30 minutes of driving same, the blood circulation to my legs was totally cut off, making my ability to drive safely questionable, not to mention extremely miserable. Bought several cushions which have helped on short distances, leaving me to conclude that there must be some sort of protrusion or defect embedded in the driver's seat causing part of my anatomy to go numb. After reviewing other complaints on this site, a question has been raised that it could possibly be the vibration of the vehicle that is causing this problem, rather than a defect in the construction of the driver's seat. Honda corporation has opened a case on the problem and is scheduled to inspect same. Thought I would post this after hearing a report on cbs news today that car-makers are fully aware of the faulty construction of driver's seats in vehicles these days which are breaking easily upon impact causing fatalities, and Honda was mentioned as being one of them in spite of its 5-star safety ratings. I can't tell you how disappointed I am of my selection of what I thought, and what the experts reported, was a high-quality and well-made vehicle by Honda. I can't understand why they would make a vehicle that will last for years mechanically, and not address the vibration issues and inferiority of the interior seating; which will only jeopardize its high-standard reputation in the automobile industry. Hopefully, after Honda addresses both of these issues, I will re-gain my confidence in the safety and quality of their vehicles again.

- Folsom, LA, USA

Aug 102015

I bought a brand new CR-V ex-L based on excellent reviews from consumer reports and edmunds. I expected the car to be perfect. However, Honda sold me the defected car without any notice even this defect was known for months. The issue is a vibration during idle. For example, when I stop on the traffic light, the passenger seat starts to shake. If I release breaks vibrations will go away. It is not normal. I noticed this problem 2 months after the purchase (or 600-700 miles). Then I went to the dealer and he told me that Honda's engineers were "working on it", no solution was found yet and I had to wait for a further notice. Visible vibrations mean that there is mechanical resonance in the car. An example of destruction due to mechanical resonance would be a collapse of Tacoma narrows bridge. Thus, my safety concern is that the car can be damaged structurally. For example, few bolts may come loose and the car may disintegrate during the drive. The problem could be that a newly introduced cvt transmission in Honda CR-V 2015 doesn't go along with the engine and they produce excessive vibrations that spread thru a car frame to the seat. Probably, the car wasn't tested properly during design process. Thus, Honda engineers overlooked this problem. I have a video file of vibrations but it's too big for upload. Anyway, you can see this issue here: Https://

- Forest Hils, NY, USA

Feb 162015

I have brought a brand new Honda 2015 CRV from one of the Honda dealer in san leandro, ca. Few days later, I noticed some vibration on the front seats of the car when I am at the stop sign/signal with car is in the drive mode (D) with my foot on the brake paddle. The vibration is random and not always but can be feel at the back of your body and it is very strong sometime that as a driver you get distracted and feel very uncomfortable while driving. If you have to are stuck in some traffic jam and have to stop longer then the vibration on both the front seat is quite noticing and causes irritation on the back and you cannot sit for long in while the seats vibrating. And I reported the issue to the dealer, they told me they are helpless and cannot do anything and asked me to contact american Honda. Most of the 2015 Honda CRV have the same problem, and it's been more then 8 months, but Honda did not take any action to fix it!

- Oakland, CA, USA

Jul 152015

I recently purchased a 2015 Honda CRV with serious vibration issues at idle. I first noted the vibration at 420 miles at a red light. I brought it to the dealer to be checked as vibrations intensity increased around 800 miles. The dealer did nothing, denied knowing about the issue, and notes: "customer states the car has a vibration when stopped and foot on brake. It comes through the brake and the seat base and the back of the seat. Can be felt through the whole car. Has been happening since 450 miles. Verified customers concern. Honda is aware of customer reports of this concern. Honda is actively reviewing reports and testing. Since review is in progress no product review is available." Absolutely unacceptable.

- Auburn, WA, USA

Mar 112015

I bought a Honda CRV 2015 ex-L. after driving it for one day experienced serious vibrations in driver and passenger seat while driving and even more intense when idling. I noticed an annoying vibration upon smooth acceleration, between 1000 and 1500 RPM. I had not noticed this problem on the demo I test drove, I feel that I pay 30000 dollar for vibratig chair.

- Lowell, MA, USA

Jun 022015

I purchased my CRV ex AWD a couple of weeks ago. Shortly thereafter, I noticed that the seats shake causing a vibration in the car when I'm stopped and the vehicle is in drive. When this happens, the engine is warm and idles around 600 rpms. I have found that if the A/C is on or the headlights are on, then the vibrations lessens after the engine idle increases. I've contacted Honda, but they only said that they are aware of the complaint and that "if" a remedy can be found they would notify the owners.

- Kettering, OH, USA

Apr 242015

The vibration, and at times shaking, of the seats of my 2015 Honda CRV is so severe that it causes nausea, migraines, and back pain. I myself have a herniated disk with nerve compression, a condition that is seriously aggravated by the vibration/shaking. I have notified both the dealership and Honda to no avail. That Honda, or any corporation for that matter, should be allowed to harm consumers in this way is despicable.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Apr 082015

The contact owns a 2015 Honda CR-V. while in park, the driver seat reclined independently without warning. The contact sustained injuries to the lower back, colon, and stomach, which required medical attention. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 3,000. MA 10/1

- Accokeek, MD, USA

Mar 202015

CR-V 4-cyl

My 2015 Honda CR-V touring model vibrates intermittently. It is worse when at idle such as at a stop sign or red light. It does happen, dangerously so while driving down the highway at speeds of 65-76 mph. Honda call this a "characteristic of the car" "an annoyance". it is more than this. It is a safety issue. Sow one is going to be seriously injured or worse.

- Grand Junction, CO, USA

Apr 162015

CR-V 4-cyl

My brand new Honda after driven for 15-20 minutes begins to shake/vibrate when idling, sitting at a light or at low speeds. The steering wheel and the seats visibly shake. When easing off of the gas pedal the car lunges slightly. I am afraid this will get worse and was disappointed to hear from my dealer that there currently are no fixes for the problem.

- Northville, MI, USA

Apr 142015

I just purchased the vehicle on April 13, 2015 and after operating the vehicle for approximately two days. I have noticed that when the vehicle is stopped at a traffic light or stop sign in (drive) idling, there is a vibration coming from the front seats and when I proceed to drive it dissipates and stops.

- Dobbs Ferry, NY, USA

Apr 122015

CR-V 4-cyl

This brand new Honda CR-V AWD touring 2015 (less than 3 weeks old) has an issue of vibration of the driver and passenger seats, steering wheel, and car overall (e.g., doors). The issue happens when the car is driven a few miles and the car stops (idles) in drive mode (e.g., an a stop light). Within seconds the seats and steering wheel starts to vibrate, sometimes uncomfortably. The vibration goes away as the car starts to move, so it seems to only happen noticeably when idling with the transmission in drive. The car is brand new and the vibration is noticeable enough that makes the driver (or passengers) aware and suspicious of a problem. A crack on the windshield was noticed Apr/12/2015 (starting at the bottom edge at driver┐'s side and spreading towards the center). I went to dealer (manchester Honda) Apr/13/2015, showed vibration issue to seller which was reproduced at the dealer parking lot, and was later informed by a service rep that Honda is aware of issue. I called Honda customer service Apr/14/2015, and was directed to a Honda video ( and opened a case, no response yet. The Honda rep told me they are aware of the issue, that Honda does not consider it a safety issue, and that they "hope" to have a fix someday. The windshield will have to be replaced by my insurance company as the Honda dealer declined to replaced it (they claim it was caused by a stone/rock chip, a really tiny one, size of a pinhead or about 0.5 to 1 mm). I still wonder if it is not caused by the vibrations or defective windshield. I also wonder if this issue does not represent a safety issue. If my older CR-V (2003) would vibrate this way I would take it to be serviced because I would be suspicious of an engine problem and the safety of myself and my family.

- Mansfield Center, CT, USA

Apr 012015

I have bought 2015 Honda cr V on 29th March 2015. I have feel vibration and shudder in driver as well as passenger seat while idling at traffic light or speeding from 20 miles to 50 miles. It is very annoying and distracting while driving. It can be safety concern while driving also.

- Reading, MA, USA

Nov 032014

My new 2015 CR-V makes a terrible vibration when in idle in drive with foot on the brake. It doesn't do it for the first few minutes of driving, so I didn't notice during my test drive. But once it's warmed up, that's when it drops down to 600 rpms and starts shaking at idle. This is a vibration that shakes both the front seats and the steering wheel. It can be felt all over me and my passengers' bodies. While I do not live in a large city, I would imagine this would be unbearable and potentially hazardous for anyone who drives in rush hour or otherwise poor traffic with all of the time one would have to be in drive with the foot on the brake. This is new to the 2015, I have friends who own earlier models and I can't see or feel it in their Cr-vs.

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Mar 012015

This is regarding a brand new 2015 Honda CR-V bought from a Honda dealer in northridge, ca. Started noticing a vibration of the seats when I stopped at a red light(in D gear with brakes fully pressed). Being a hot day, I thought it was the A/C causing the vibration. Later that day, without the A/C running, the vibration had increased. I reported this to the dealership and was told to bring it in when my accessories would arrive in a few days. Checked into service department with the car after a week and the service mechanic claimed that this was normal. Upon insistence, he brought out a similar car and showed that the vibration existed on that car as well and that they cannot do anything about it. Researching online I find that there are numerous forums, including a facebook page and a Honda owners forum that reflects the issue faced by many other owners of the new 2015 model Honda CR-V. I would like to formally request an investigation into this issue since american Honda refuses to acknowledge the issue.

- Porter Ranch, CA, USA