CarComplaints.com Notes: Mercedes-Benz vehicles may come with an "Attention Assistant" to alert you if you fall asleep behind the wheel, but the 2015 Honda CR-V has a different approach: just shake the heck out of you so you never fall asleep in the first place.

Owners have complained that the popular SUV shakes violently both while idling and while driving. Buyer beware.

2015 Honda CR-V miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda CR-V:

2015 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 2 of 5)

Jan 162016

CR-V

My wife and I purchased the 2015 CR-V ex-L AWD on January 5 2016 at staten island Honda. After only 11 days and 300 miles on vehicle as we were driving for a ski vacation I noticed a crackling noise when I would turn the steering wheel in either direction. I then noticed that none of the steering wheel controls worked or the radio. In addition to this my horn didnt work and my bluetooth would constantly say (htc is ok ) both my radio interface screens would always flash different maintenance malfunctions. My cellphone would also randomly connect and make calls. Then as I was driving to get gas off the NJ turnpike my horn started to go off non stop and I had to pull the horn fuse out from under the hood. I also noticed a very strong vibration when vehicle is idle and stopped at traffic lights on both driver and passenger side and now seems to be getting worse. Our vehicle was serviced from January 19-21 and the mechanic stated that they replaced the fuses and the cable reel and said the vibration was normal. I did some further research and there is a lawsuit against Honda in regards to the 2015 CR-V vibration issue. I do not feel safe driving this vehicle and feel that I was sold a $30K lemon. I have owned Honda in the past with no issues but after this experience and Honda being aware of this issue and still sold these trucks the company has lost my trust. When going through my documents I noticed that I was missing alot of paperwork from my sales contract and I brought it to the attention of the sales representative. At first he said he gave us everything and then realized he didnt but didnt have access to the file room to give us the necessary documents. He stated he would get back to us and never did. So in all I would not recommend going to staten island Honda due to their incompetent sales staff and I hope Honda resolves all of these issues.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Jan 072016

CR-V

When car is on idle with drive gear, the car gets vibrate and it gets worse when air condition is turn on. After the repair of service bulletin 15-046, the issue is vibrating and it gets worse when turn ac on. The first service was on 1/7/16 with 136 milages and the second service was on 1/19/16 with 678 milages with no resolution. When I drive to work, the vibration and shaking cause my body get nauseated and headaches.

- Sachse, TX, USA

Apr 272015

CR-V

Vibration while at idle or 2200 RPM while driving and sitting. Took to dealership and they try to fix and it was a no fix. Brand new car running like a worn-out vehicle. Honda says it is not a safety issue, firmly disagree, eventually consistent vibrations will cause parts to loosen. Do we have to wait for accidents to happen before Honda and the government to address this issue? it is a distraction when driving and a safety concern. It is a safety concern. Battery already had to be replace also that should not have happen. Heater/ defroster motor thing had to be replace also. This has been a ongoing problem since I got the car in March 2015

- Garden City, GA, USA

Nov 142015

CR-V

My 2015 Honda CR-V is less than 2 months old and has less than 1,000 miles on it. While driving the vehicle home from the dealership I noticed vibrations/shuttering in this vehicle and it continues to this day. The vibrations/shuttering is extremely distracting. It happens both while idling and accelerating, but not all the time (but will usually occur at least once per driving trip). It is felt by both the driver and passengers in the vehicle.

- Manchester, CT, USA

Aug 082015

CR-V

When going down a hill, even a small hill, the rpms increase to 3000-3500. The engine whines and the vehicle feels as though it is being held back. If the hill is a long hill, the rpms go down and the vehicle lunges forward and accelerates. This repeats until the end of the hill. At the end of the hill, the final lunge and acceleration is dangerous if there is a stop sign at the end as the vehicle is accelerating. Honda claims that the cvt transmission is supposed to work like that. I feel it is unsafe and do not want to be a statistic in order for Honda corporation to fix it. The problem occurs daily since I bought the vehicle.

- Cheshire, MA, USA

Oct 052015

CR-V

Honda 2015 CRV L purchased 09/24/2015, two weeks after purchase the vehicle start to have ruff idling in drive shakes and vibration while in traffic. Brought the vehicle back to the dealer twice and the only thing is that they have no fix for this problem. The service department is saying that corporate are working on it. I spent 30,000 dollars on this vehicle and would expect the vehicle to run good.

- Cranston, RI, USA

Dec 072015

CR-V

Took vehicle for service on this date. Told service tech about vibration, windows rattling when half way down, and how much air to put in tires. The tires were testing for 37 pounds but door said 32. Tech came back and stated that Honda was aware of the vibration issue. He stated that they checked the windows on other vehicles and all of them were doing the same thing. He also stated that it had just came up on the computer that Honda could now fix the vibration issue and he would call about Wednesday (9th) to let me know when the parts would be there. Haven't heard from him since. CR-V still has vibration issue. Tires look low with 32 pounds of air pressure. When you come to a stop, the vibration is really bad.

- Burlington, NC, USA

Jul 042015

CR-V

There is a high vibration and engine noise, and is getting worse with time when I stop at a red light. Even after taking the car in for Honda to fix the problem, after 4 times the issue has not been fixed.

- Covina, CA, USA

Dec 012015

CR-V

Vehicle vibrates at idle. Vibration pronounced enough that seats shake and other loose items in vehicle visibly shaking. This occurs in drive and sport mode.

- Abingdon, MD, USA

Sep 302015

CR-V

The car is vibrating like crazy. We bought it brand new and I called the sales person after purchasing and he told me there are complaints about the vibration but nothing is wrong and that it is normal. The vibration is getting worse and am getting sick of driving a $30,000 car with vibration.

- Lynnwood, WA, USA

Mar 292015

CR-V

Vibration/shudder/low RPM's. noticed 2 days after driving the car home from the dealer. Dealer was immediately contacted. Was told to contnue driving the car, that it was probably nothing. Took the car back within 2 weeks of purchase at which time I was told that Honda knows about the problem and that there is no soluation at this time. They refussed to replace my brand new Honda CRV 2015 with a trouble fee car. And to this date (7 months later) they still have no soluation. My car vibrates and shudders all the time the RPM's are low causing a disconnect when engaging the gas peddle. Honda said it's a software problem----which they knew about when they sold me the car---but again---have no solution. Again, the Honda CRV 2015 vibrates/shudders/low RPM's when its idling or in motion----all the time!!

- Summerville,, SC, USA

May 152015

CR-V

My vehicle shakes and vibrates while idling. I have taken my vehicle to the dealership three times. A solution has not been found. The vehicle has under 6,000 miles (purchased May 2015).

- Humble, TX, USA

Feb 282015

CR-V

Purchased the 2015 CRV in February 2015. Approximately a week after making the purchase, the vehicle began extensively vibrating while stopped at a stop light or stop sign, with the vehicle engaged in the drive position and the brake pedal was pressed. I immediately noticed that the RPM's dropped below 600. The vibration is felt in both the drivers and passengers seats, but moreso in the drivers seat. It feels as though the vehicle is going to stall out. I do not feel safe driving this vehicle as I have the constant fear that it is going to stall out at any given time. I have taken it in to the dealership service center on four occasions, but they state they cannot reproduce the problem so they have been of no help. This is a known problem by Honda, but it appears as though they are merely brushing it off in hopes that the complaints will stop.

- Strongsville, OH, USA

Oct 172015

CR-V

Bought this vehichle month ago. Around 1000 miles on odometer now. Vehichle have terrible vibration when stop in drive gear at stop lights or in slow traffic. Vibration are strong and made me nauxious in slow traffic one day. I took car to dealer but they not accepting it as a problem but saying its a charactristic of this vehichle. They updated the ECM software but problem still there. I am afraid this can get worse and result into major component failure or safety hazard. Honda should find the fix or stop selling

- Pinole, CA, USA

Oct 262015

CR-V

The vehicle experience vibration while on drive mode and stop at red lights or any others stop

- Belleville, NJ, USA

Jun 162015

CR-V

Vibration felt at 20-25 mph and at higher speeds through the steering wheel and by sound with the vibration becoming stronger as the mileage increases. Discussions with the Honda dealership concerning a refund have not been fruitful. I am concerned that the problem may result in a crash; but Honda is very slow to resolve the issue.

- Winchester, VA, USA

Oct 242015

CR-V

There's annoying vibration on the driver's seat when I stopped in a red light. I was driving yesterday in very nice highway at 65 mph. My 24 year old daughter at the back seat telling me that the car is so bouncy and asked me if it needs tire rotation. I'm so worried and mad that don't have a time to bring this back to the dealership with another problem since I brought it in the dealership for vibration when accelerating in 65 mph 2 weeks ago. Can I get my $ $34,000 plus back? please help me !!!

- Coon Rapids, MN, USA

Sep 282015

CR-V

I bought 2015 Honda CR-V ex just 4 week ago, it has a huge vibration that you can feel and see inside the vehicle especially when its stop and in idle mode or drive shift. Vibration can feel in the seating, steering wheel, side doors, brake and gas pedals, shift knob and even the back passager seat. I bought this car for my family to enjoy their daily rides but their not, and keep asking me why has it. Psychologically and emotionally my driving concentration are always affected, and that is unsafe for our everyday driving and to anyone who has this issue. I always feel sick every times I get out of this car, I feel my hand like I use a jack hammer after a while. Dealer's service dept. Confirmed to me that there are three issues that cause the vibration and there is no fix yet about the issue. I love Honda eversince, it my favorite brand. I hope they can do something to fix it fast before any can get hurt..

- National City, CA, USA

Oct 032015

CR-V

I purchased a 2015 CR-V. on October 1st noticing significant vibrations at idle which became more pronounced under way especially between 60 and 70 miles / hour. Brought the vehicle, to the dealer, on October 3rd to determine what the cause of the vibration might be. The vibrations were confirmed by the mechanic during a test drive. The front wheel alignment and balance were checked and found to be within specs. A service bulletin was found instructing the mechanic to perform a software update. A second test drive showed no improvement. Honda technicians were called who acknowledged that they were aware of the issue and that Honda was working on it (apparently since 2014). The technicians indicated that the issue was thought to be related to "harmonic distortions" associated with the use of the drive train, found in the Honda Accord, in the 2015 CR-V. the Honda technicians offered assurances that there were no safety issues. I then took the vehicle to a different dealer who checked the same mechanical parameters including the software update with no improvement. The matter has been further acknowledged, by Honda, as evidenced in a youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?V=vej45wx9yci). A cursory search of the web shows quite a number of reports of the issue. Apart from the effect on driveability and no resolution in sight, my concerns are the potential long term effects on the vehicle especially with regard to the drive train and other possible safety related effects.

- Medfield, MA, USA

Oct 142015

CR-V

The car has a terrible vibration issue when stopped at a light or in traffic with your foot on the brake and the car in drive. This vibration is felt on the inside throughout the car. Having to place car in N, at stoplights (many are now doing it, and some Honda dealers are advocating it ! they also suggest turning the ac on high, turn the lights and radio on, etc.) all of this is very distracting. If one forgets to put the car into D in order to accelerate, he could get rear ended, or get stranded under a light; driving in S, however, one must be very careful doing this in traffic, as the car accelerates very quickly, and it tends to lunge a bit ! in this instance, it is very easy to rear-end a car in front of you. In addition, driving in S cuts fuel economy (I have learned ) about 25-30%. where did I learn to try S instead of D ? a Honda dealer !! so, this idea that this issue is not a potential safety concern is not true for all drivers who are trying to reduce the fatiguing, annoying effects of these vibes, shudders, and shakes.

- Powder Springs, GA, USA