CarComplaints.com Notes: Mercedes-Benz vehicles may come with an "Attention Assistant" to alert you if you fall asleep behind the wheel, but the 2015 Honda CR-V has a different approach: just shake the heck out of you so you never fall asleep in the first place.

Owners have complained that the popular SUV shakes violently both while idling and while driving. Buyer beware.

2015 Honda CR-V miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda CR-V:

2015 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 3 of 5)

Sep 152015

CR-V

My new 2015 Honda CRV is vibrating when stopped at the traffic light. Vibration is uncomfortable and nauseating. The vibration get worst everyday. Took the car to dealership and they couldn't fix it.

- White Hall, AR, USA

Mar 252015

CR-V

I have owned two previous CR-V's and Honda is known as smooth, quiet vehicles. Since owning this car in late March, I have had vibration noises when the car accelerates at any speed. I have contacted the dealer twice, and during the last visit in mid-August, I was told that Honda is aware of this problem, but hasn't come up with a solution to fix it. I was also told the vehicle is safe to drive. However, hearing this noise every time I drive, doesn't make me feel like a happy Honda owner, and having remorse on trading in my 2012 CRV for this car.

- Schenectady, NY, USA

Apr 042015

CR-V

The truck vibrates alot when it comes to a stop, at a traffic light.

- Poughkeepsie, NY, USA

Oct 122015

CR-V

Bought the CRV 2015 a month ago, started experiencing vibration when idle, at traffic lights, when parked. Took it to the dealer, they said it's normal, they don't see a problem. I researched the issue and many, many people have the same problem with Honda not having a solution for it. Very concerned about the safety of the car. No help at the dealer, treated me as if I was crazy.

- Framingham, MA, USA

Apr 202015

CR-V

Vibration is felt in the steering wheel and in the driver's seat (bottom and seatback) both when stopped and when driving. Vibration is more pronounced when in drive with foot on the brake and the car is stopped. We have concerns over the safe control of the car, given this vibration. In addition, the real annoyance of the vibration means we take our hands off the wheel as much as possible, exascerbating safety concerns. This condition was there when the car was driven home and has been confirmed by service consultant at curry Honda, atlanta.

- Brookhaven, GA, USA

Sep 122015

CR-V

I purchased my Honda CR-V touring 2015 on August 29, 2015, approximately five weeks ago. It has a vibration when stopped while in drive (like at a stop light or stop sign) it also has an intermittent strong vibration in the steering wheel on highways. I am very unhappy with my purchase and as I searched this problem on the internet, I've seen a lot of people are experiencing this problem. They all say when they take it back to the dealer it does not get repaired and apparently Honda is acknowledging that there is a problem now. Being that I work, I do not have time to go back to the dealer and sit there knowing (from other people's experiences) that it will not get corrected.

- Bensalem, PA, USA

Aug 142015

CR-V

While the car is running and stopped in gear, there is a strong vibration felt and seen on the driver and passenger seats. ( I bought this car on a day with hot weather, the dealer had the air conditioner running on the test drive. The vibration problem does not occur while the air-conditioner is on ! ). I was not told the car had the vibration problem at time of purchase. Honda knew about this problem before selling me the car ( $25,000 ). it is an ongoing problem for this particular 2015 year and model, going on since 2014, with no fix for the vibration problem.

- Swansea, MA, USA

Feb 062015

CR-V

Car has a vibration problem between 1000 &2000 RPM when in drive. Idle RPM sometimes drops to about 500 RPM. Loses power when vibration occurs. This occurs in city or highway travel.

- Bel Air, MD, USA

Oct 012015

CR-V

Purchased Honda CRV AWD ex model on Sep 30 with cvt transmission, after 300 miles now started seeing engine vibration when in idle or stopped at signal, feel the vibrations on steering wheel, dash board, and passenger seat feels very disturbing. Complained Honda but no use.

- Bloomington, IL, USA

Sep 222015

CR-V

Strong vibration on the front seats when engine is warm and rpms below 600.

- Minneapolis, MN, USA

Aug 182015

CR-V

Car vibrates at stop and/or stop and go traffic. Vibrations cover driver and passenger front seat and dashboard. Idle is rough. Honda claims a software fix is upcoming but no evidence is to whether that's true or when it will be done. No information on what the safety and stability ramifications to the car are coming from the vibrations.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Sep 162015

CR-V

Car was pulling into a parking spot at a local dept store parking lot. The can was put in park. Then an attempt was made to turn off vehicle. The engine excelerated and starting to push the vehicle opposite our vehicle out its parking spot, my wife tried stopping the vehicle by braking that did not work or did pushing the ignition button. She then turned the car to the right in driving lane toward the store, brakes, horn, or power steering did not work, she was able the turn the vehicle away from store to next turning lane. Engine still racing, grinding sounds can what seemed to be the transmission. The car went another 300ft. Jerk and finally shut down. Vehicle was towed away. The collision shop started it and drove to a spot til the repairs were to be made. I only have a partial police report from town of amherst police rjamq94shd49. The police also did an deployment inspection of the computer, which showed nothing, since the impact to the other vechicle was less than 10mph. The insurance company is leaving this up to me the consumer to go after Honda to get them to take a further look at the other commputers.I dont have the fullpolice report or the results of the deployment report. I hope to have info soon.

- Tonawanda, NY, USA

Sep 152015

CR-V

Bought the CRV 2015 2 weeks ago and from day 1 felt the vibration when on red lights at full stop. Never bothered untill cold weather came in few days ago when I operated the vehicle without turning the A/C on. It vibrates within few seconds of putting it at a full stop for traffic/ red signals. The vibration has been compared to other similar class different branded SUVS but none showed such behavior. The car feels like a spark plug is gone when it shakes. Its an abnormal issue and the vibration also causes the surpentine belt pulley to make a little noise usually which we see in very old cars having worn out pullies.

- Astoria, NY, USA

Sep 032015

CR-V

Vehicle vibrates when idling and when traveling at approximately 50 - 55 miles per hour. Honda has been aware of the problem for sometime and they are attempting to come up with a fix for this issue, but the problem still exist. In spite of the vibration problem with the CRV, Honda continues to sell the CRV without disclosing this known defect to the buying public. While Honda says this is not a safety issue, how can a buyer know that for sure.

- Denham Springs, LA, USA

Jul 182015

CR-V

On May 2nd, 2015, we purchased a 2015 Honda CR-V. at the time of purchase a water stain was noticed on the passenger side B pillar roof. Part of the purchase agreement included removing the stain that seemed to be from a partially opened sunroof during shipping. The stain was removed by the dealership and checked by the dealership and all appeared to be resolved. A short time later another water stain developed in the same area. Again the stain was removed and the vehicle checked. After the CR-V's third visit to the shop it was determined that an "insufficient amount of seal sealer" was used in the assembly of the vehicle at the factory. Our Honda had to be sent to an outside Honda approved body shop for repairs. On discovering the extent of the problem, we no longer had confidence in the quality of our "new" vehicle. Given the fact it had sustained water damage multiple times and had to be taken to an auto body shop to be properly repaired with only a few hundred miles. We had concerns about water being trapped between the multiple layers of metal roof panels. In turn that could lead to rust, which could lead to the release of the seam sealer that helps provide the rigidity needed for rollover crashes. Also, the concern of mold developing in the roof and carpet. Upon hearing our concerns the dealership agreed to trade in our water damaged CR-V for a new one. With less than 100 miles this CR-V also developed a roof leak. Now the dealership and body shop has had our current CR-V two weeks, to fix the leaked caused by Honda not using enough sealer on the passenger side roof panels and rail studs.Honda is now using our CR-V as field report case study to submit to Honda engineers. We would like Honda to issue a recall out of concern for other CR-V owners. Many owners may be unaware of mold dangers and structural roof weakness.

- Nampa, ID, USA

May 022015

- Nampa, ID, USA

Aug 252015

CR-V

My new Honda 2015 CR-V LX is vibrating badly. It vibrates in any speed and on parking. It started on the 5 day and got worse to the point that I feel nauseous. It creates very unsafe driving for me. My body shakes. Driver seat shakes. And vibration is very loud. Honda dealership knew the problem but still sold me defective car. Driving this car creates dangerous situation on the road. It is difficult to change lane, transmission starts making loud sounds.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Mar 242015

CR-V

Vibration at or about 2000 RPM felt in steering wheel and into the center console arm rest. Reported to Honda 3 times with no fixed result.

- Muskego, MI, USA

Feb 052015

CR-V

Excessive vibration throughout entire vehicle when stopped, in drive and engine idling. This has occurred ever since we bought the vehicle in Feb 2015. Reported it to the dealer who said "...it's a characteristic of the vehicle". not happy with this.

- Creedmoor, NC, USA