- August 22: MINI Cooper Clubman Recalled For Airbag Problems recalls | 4 days ago
- July 25: Nissan 'ProPILOT' To Make Debut in Serena Minivan news | 32 days ago
- July 18: MINI Cooper Water Pump Replacement Lawsuit Preliminarily Approved news | 39 days ago
- July 10: Chrysler Pacifica Recalled To Fix Rear Seat Belts recalls | 47 days ago
- June 13: Kia Sedona Recalled To Keep Hoods Closed When Driving recalls | 74 days ago
2006 Mini Cooper
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2006 Mini Cooper
Official recalls have been issued for the 2006 Mini Cooper by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Mini service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Mini customer service.
2006 Mini Cooper AIR BAGS:FRONTAL, AIR BAGS:FRONTAL, AIR BAGS:FRONTAL NHTSA Campaign #15V205000
Summary: BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2005-2006 MINI Cooper and Cooper S vehicles manufactured January 5, 2005, to November 28, 2006, and 2005-2008 MINI Cooper Convertible and Cooper S Convertible vehicles manufactured January 5, 2005, to July 31, 2008. Due to manufacturing, installation, and exposure issues, the front passenger seat occupant detection mat may not function properly and, as a result, the front passenger air bag may not deploy in a crash.
Consequence: An improperly functioning mat may cause the passenger frontal air bag to be inactive when the seat is occupied, and in the event of a crash, the air bag will not deploy, increasing the passenger's risk of injury.
Actions: MINI will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front passenger seat occupant detection mat, free of charge. The recall began on October 12, 2015. Owners may contact MINI customer service at 1-866-825-1525. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #15V205000 »