1998 Nissan Altima engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Nissan Altima:

1998 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Oct 292011

I recently just installed a fuel pump on my car and the only other problem wrong with it was that i needed an o2 sensor so after i replaced the fuel pump i realized that my car would not stay on for more than thirty seconds. Three months ago a brand new motor was installed so my motor only has about 10,000 miles on it and the transmission is in perfect condition i really can't imagine what this problem could be.

- , Opelika, AL, USA

Aug 052007

Altima GXE

My car started off just not starting sometimes and now I can't get it 2 start at all. I don't know what 2 do and every time I get the money to take it into the shop they tell me they can't fix it. HELP ME!

- , Tucson, AZ, USA

Mar 072007

Altima SE 2.4L

A foreign car expert has had my car in and out of his garage for 2 weeks - tried everything he knew including replacing the fuel pump - this problem popped up right after having the oil changed - in the morning, it might take 25 attempts until the engine finally turns over - after that, it usually starts on the first try but there is a little struggle to do so (does not fire off with authority)... HELP!!!

- , Pottstown, PA, USA