8.0

2. replace ignition relay (1 reports)
2001 Nissan Altima engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Nissan Altima:

2001 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

May 152008

Altima GXE 2.0L

Ok here it goes. My gauges, my power windows, my blinkers, and a few other things would all of a sudden stop working. The engine power would decrease by 75% and transmission locked in 1st gear. Then after 10 min everything would go back to normal. This was a terrible experience as no mechanic could figure it out. Dealer wanted $2,000 to replace the ECU and Instrument Cluster. Resolution: I figured it out myself that a bad Ignition Relay was bad. I got a used Relay at a local junk yard for $5 and my car has been good ever since.

Don't trust the dealers - they're scumbags.

- , Garfield, NJ, USA

Apr 132008

Altima GLE

Nissan Altima with 81000 miles - list of issues I have dealt with.

1. BAD thermistor - several trips to the service shop - almost 500 dollars - finally looked it up on the internet - I fixed it myself - cost $30 2. Bad harmonic balancer - cost $550 3. Bad Brake Booster - cost $350

now a fluctuating temp gauge (likely a sensor issue) and Maybe the Manifold gasket.

can anything else go wrong - I think I am losing faith in Nissan. It's honda's or toyotas from now on.

- , Tampa, FL, USA