8.0

2001 Nissan Altima exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Nissan Altima:

2001 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Jul 082009

Altima GLE Limited 2.4L 4 cyl

Well, now it's almost 1 year later since my last complaint for a major repair on this POS. Yesterday, as I was driving, the Service Engine Soon light came on. Hubby and I took it to the shop last night. The problem: Dead Catalytic converter. Hmmm, could I have really passed inspection on this car in May if the thing was going bad?? It's going to cost $784 this time.

Major problems with this stupid car that was bought brand new are: A/C system Mass Airflow Sensor MIG O2 Sensor cracked radiator (hosed replaced religiously and fluids checked alot-so those were not the reasons) Intake Manifold Gasket

The list doesn't even include all the little things (under $100) that has had to be done to it. To me, that's a lot of stuff to have break in less than 6 years when you are talking high $$ stuff.

Anyway, I'm chalking it up to ANOTHER reason I'll never, ever buy a stupid Nissan again in my life.

- , Houston, TX, USA