2.9

2001 Nissan Altima miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Nissan Altima:

2001 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Jan 092010

Altima

I have a 2001 Nissan Altima, that is vibrating a lot when I stop at a traffic light. I came to know it is due to intake manifold gasket problem. So I am requesting a free replacement by Nissan to solve that issue. Tw*

- Chantilly, VA, USA

Jul 302003

Altima

I own a 2001 Nissan Altima, puchased with approximately 23,000 miles, a documnet was obtained from the dealer stating that the vehicle had not been involved in an accident. The problem is the car was very quiet when I test drove it and for a few weeks after the purchase. The car now has more rattles and squeaks than I can describe. I did take the car in for a squeak on the right side a bushing was replaced on the right door panel, the squesking stopped but now has restarted, the mechanic told me this was normal wear and tear because these parts are made out of plastic. The car has also started pulling to the right, a new set of tires has been installed and it has been realigned twice, the problem still exists and is wearing my tires out. A non mechanical complaint is the paint job, it appears to be very thin and chips and flakes easily and is fading, the car is white.

- Pulaski, TN, USA