2001 Nissan Altima seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Nissan Altima:

2001 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Feb 142006

Altima 4-cyl

I was traveling at about 15-20 miles an hour in my 2001 Nissan Altima gxe le. A truck cut me off and I was forced to slam on my brakes. In turn my car slammed into the truck in front of me. My seat belt did not lock and my airbag did not deploy. My brakes locked up and my head bounced of my steering wheel. I would like to know why my seat belt did not lock and why my airbag did not deploy. My car has been totaled out by my insurance company as a total loss. As far as corrective action none was taken as the car is destroyed.

- Glendale, AZ, USA