2001 Nissan Altima transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Nissan Altima:

2001 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Nov 022010

Altima GLE 2.4

I have a Nissan Altima, has been a great car until now it jerks when I put it in drive, jerks when it shifts to 2nd gear, and sometimes just dies at a traffic light, or heck, even when I am driving. I am not sure what it costs to repair, thankfully I have a family of mechanics to rely on for maintenance and repairs, but no one mechanic seems to know what is causing this in my car.

- , Ripley, WV, USA

Feb 192009

Altima GLE 2.4L

We wnet to a mechanic to fix a problem with high idle in our Altima. WHen we drove the car home,the idle problem not being repaired but the mechanic doing 357.00 worth of work, the transmission began slipping going from 18-20. we took it to a transmission shop where they flushed the fluid and put in an additive. The problem now is intermittent, being better when the car is warm. However, when going about town doing chores, whenever I leave the car for 10 minutes or more the problem is there again.

- , Dumfries, VA, USA