CarComplaints.com Notes: Here's a disturbing trend for the 2002 Nissan Altima: the engine starts burning oil like crazy, the catalytic converter goes bad, the head gasket blows and eventually the entire engine needs replacement. Sound familiar? Like a script from a horror film, these Altimas seem doomed to fail around 95k miles.

4.0

2003 Nissan Altima accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Nissan Altima:

2003 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Jan 142014

Altima

Three handles have broken off up to now . I called for service and was told the part would cost $68.00. When I came for the appointment I was given a bill for $318.00. I could barely afford the $68.00 and was shocked by the bill.

I paid because getting into the car was dangerous to passengers getting in the car. I really do need a pity party, this was really a heavy burden for me.

Shouldn't Nissan compensate for such shoddy parts.? I can't complain about my Altima , it's served me well; but having handles break off is a pain I can't afford.

- , Boynton Beach, FL, USA