CarComplaints.com Notes: Here's a disturbing trend for the 2002 Nissan Altima: the engine starts burning oil like crazy, the catalytic converter goes bad, the head gasket blows and eventually the entire engine needs replacement. Sound familiar? Like a script from a horror film, these Altimas seem doomed to fail around 95k miles.

1. cam sensor replacement (1 reports)
2003 Nissan Altima engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Nissan Altima:

2003 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Sep 202013

Altima 2.5S 2.5L

I HAVE A 2003 NISSAN ALTIMA 2.5S BOUGHT NEW. I HAVE 57,000 MILES ON IT AND IT STARTED BOGGING ON ME AT STOPS AND THEN NOT STARTING BACK UP WHEN I TURNED IT OFF. IT GOT TO THE POINT OF NOT STARTING AT ALL. HAD TO HAVE IT TOWED TO GARAGE AND IT WAS CAM SENSOR . I CHECKED ONLINE AND THAT WAS A RECALL IN 2003 ALONG WITH THE CRANK SENSOR AND I NEVER GOT ANYTHING IN THE MAIL ABOUT IT. I CALLED NISSAN AND THEY SAID THE RECALL WAS NOT FOR MY CAR. NOW I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE???

ITS BEEN A GREAT RELIABLE CAR UP TILL PAST TWO YEARS. I HAD PROBLEM WITH MY POWER WINDOW AND ALTERNATOR WENT BAD. JUST MAKES ME MAD IF THIS WAS A RECALL AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIXED FREE.

- , Hagerstown, MD, USA