2004 Nissan Altima miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Altima:

2004 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Oct 202011

Altima

I was unsure how the rust on the fllorboard of my 2004 Nissan Altima had occurred but is it so bad that there is a hole in my floorboard. It has now gotten so bad that it has now affected the frame of the car.

- Burnsville, MN, USA

Feb 112015

Altima

Rear suspension bushings & takata recall the car slips in the rear wheels similar to "fish-tailing" in snow. Nissan offered a recall in 2006 to replace parts on rear suspension system without notifying me until 2015, months before the recall expired. Notices never contained any notification of any expiration date. After hours of customer service claimed there was never a recall; then yes there was a recall that I had replaced in 2007; then claiming the work was completed in 2014, they finally agreed to having the car inspected regarding this recall. The dealership at woodfield Nissan claimed that my car was "unsafe to drive" and listed every other part of my suspension that needed to be replaced other than the main one in the recall. A service order was created that the dealership refused to give me when the service manager lost his temper and got physically intimidating towards me. My wife and I are frightened to ever go to this dealership due to this. Now I am driving an "unsafe to drive" vehicle that Nissan left me without any paperwork to advise me what is unsafe about it. After asking Nissan corporation to step in, as well as BBB & il a.G. reports were filed, no one to date has given me documentation regarding this inspection. This dealership's owner also owns the other dealership near me and my wife where we are no longer welcomed. This, and the fact that the corporation refuses to help resolve this, makes it impossible for us to have the takata recall work completed without going thru further stress with Nissan and local dealerships. That is very unethical, if not illegal.

- Schaumburg, IL, USA

Aug 192015

Altima

During an annual inspection, it was discovered that both driver and passenger floor pans are rusting thru. Please note that this is a garage kept car with low miles for it's age. There is no other rust on the undercarriage of the car except in these areas. The inspector noted that this is not normal for a car of this age and mileage. After research on the ODI site, I've found numerous complaints for the exact same issue. This is a serious safety and structural issue that is known by Nissan for years, but they refuse to act upon it. The vehicle can now be considered unsafe to drive by fault of design of the manufacture. Please have an investigator open a ticket to have a recall, or at the very least, a manufacture fix since this is a safety issue...even though Nissan is stating that it isn't and they won't act...this should be a negligence case on the part of Nissan.

- Greencastle, PA, USA

Nov 302003

Altima

We bought this 2004 Nissan back in November and since then, it's been in the Nissan shop for many times and the worst thing about it is that we lose our time and they don't even provide you with a rental car. My problem is the interial trim above the radio. It came up and when I am driving, I can see in, between the two plastic parts. I took it to the dealer ship for the fourth time now and their answer was that they could not fix it and that I should contact Nissan 1. I called Nissan 1 and their only response to my concern was that they could not do anything about it.even the dealer ship advisors told me, that was an on going problem in their shop and that there is nothing they can do. Why is it easy to buy an expensive car but then when we need to fix something, everything turns around and no one wants to help? someone needs to step up for us.

- Clinton Township, MI, USA