- January 29: Nissan Recalls 930,000 Altima Cars To Replace Hood Latches recalls | 15 days ago
- December 12: Nissan Recalls Rogue To Fix Roll Away Risk recalls | 63 days ago
- November 21: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima To Fix Brake Calipers recalls | 84 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.
Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.
The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 81,301 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 16 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (8 reports)
- replace crank sensor (6 reports)
- replace battery ground cable (1 reports)
- replace crank shaft sensor (1 reports)