CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine problems, both in our data & definitely in the NHTSA's complaint data as well.

Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem.

The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!

2006 Nissan Altima accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Altima:

2006 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Apr 202015

Altima

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Altima. The contact stated the front passenger seat occupant sensor failed to detect when there was a passenger occupying the seat and the air bag indicator illuminated on the instrument panel. The dealer advised that the contact to bring the vehicle in for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 90,000.

- Yorktown Heights, NY, USA

May 092015

Altima

The floor boards on both the driver and passenger have rooted out almost completely on my 2006 Nissan Altima. I have noticed this a about a year ago and it has got increasingly worse since. I can push the carpet up from under the vehicle and feel very unsafe. I am careful not to put weight on the floors while entering the vehicle for fear I am going to put my foot through the floor. This is a very common issue due to a flawed design in the drain system. The floorboards hold water which may accumulate through the door while raining and salt and water from the under side. Please issue a recall and make Nissan fix these vehicles that could stay on the road for many more years. My car has 109K miles on it and is in very good shape and runs very well. I don't want to have to do this job myself or pay 1,000 to get it fixed.

- Fall River, MA, USA

Sep 302014

Altima 6-cyl

Driver lost control of the vehicle and went into ongoing traffic and was T-boned by another vehicle. Both vehicles were going 45 miles per hour. No air bags deployed. The front airbags, nor the side airbags deployed. The passenger door came all the way over to the gear shift.

- Hickory, NC, USA

Apr 102012

Altima

When my parents first bought the car the right passenger seat would be shaking at that time the car had 52,000 miles on it right after we bought it on April 10th 2012 from the Nissan dealership at that time they checked it and the car has 117,000 miles now and sometimes the front passenger seat shake and vibrating when you are driving it 55 to 60 miles per hour so I think Nissan needs to do a recall it to check the problem out.

- Spartanburg, SC, USA

Jun 062014

Altima

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Altima. The contact stated that there was severe rust and corrosion underneath the seats in the vehicle. The dealer stated that the front floor pans needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 65,163.

- Bridgewater, PA, USA

Oct 092009

Altima

I have a 2006 Nissan Altima, last year in October my wife was driving this car to go to grocery store, just as she about to park the car, the vehicle driver side power seat suddenly lunge forward, it cause my wife to lose control and hit another car that is park next to where she was about to park. I take the car to the dealership for repair, the driver seat where at a invert 60 degree angle, the dealership notice the power supply is burn, so they replace the power supply, but refuse to repair the damage to my car and the other car my wife hit. I am registering a complain against the Nissan car company about this issue, please assist me and find if there is a defect with the product that should have been recall.

- Frisco, TX, USA

Jul 262009

Altima

Back seat latch hooks are unaccesable for latch system of baby/child car seats. The placement made it impossible to for the latches so we are forced to only use the lap belt to secure to car seat.

- South Haven, MI, USA