- February 13: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4 SUVs recalls | 14 days ago
- February 12: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Filed in California news | 15 days ago
- February 3: Nissan Altima Recalled After Rear Doors Kept Opening recalls | 24 days ago
- January 22: Nissan and Infiniti Vehicles Recalled Over Takata Airbags recalls | 36 days ago
- January 17: Nissan GT-R Melted Dashboard Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 41 days ago
Check Engine Light Is On, Random Misfire Code
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine problems, both in our data & definitely in the NHTSA's complaint data as well.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem.
The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 97,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- fix improperly grounded ECM (2 reports)
- not sure (2 reports)