- April 16: Nissan Sentra Transmission Lawsuit Alleges CVTs Are Defective news | 8 days ago
- March 27: Nissan EVAP Canister Warranty Extended news | 28 days ago
- March 25: Nissan Murano Recalled to Fix Power Steering Hoses recalls | 30 days ago
- March 20: Nissan Frontier Side Airbag Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 35 days ago
- March 11: Nissan Versa Recall: Airbags Deploy From Shutting Doors recalls | 44 days ago
Check Engine Light Is On, Random Misfire Code
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine problems, both in our data & definitely in the NHTSA's complaint data as well.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem.
The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 97,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- fix improperly grounded ECM (2 reports)
- not sure (2 reports)