CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine problems, both in our data & definitely in the NHTSA's complaint data as well.

Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem.

The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!

2006 Nissan Altima electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Altima:

2006 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Apr 072008

Altima 4-cyl

I once was told by bob bell Nissan that my vehicle was not on the recall list. And now 2 years later I receive a letter stating that my Nissan 2006 Altima is one of the recall vehicle on the list.and im contacting you for this reason.

- Baltimore, MD, USA