2007 Nissan Altima brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Altima:

2007 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Nov 282010

Brake light on the dash keeps turning on when I accelerate and make sharp turns. Called Nissan and they told me that there is a brake fluid leak that needs to be addressed. The car is 3 years old. After searching the internet I saw that my vehicle is not the only 2007 Altima that has reported this issue in the last two months alone.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jan 072008

Altima 4-cyl

Exited interstate highway, traveled up ramp, was unable to lift left foot to brake (possibly caught under parking brake pedal, which is close to the brake), traveled through intersection and hit guard rail, causing $8,800 damage to my 7-mo.-old leased 2007 Nissan Altima. The whole front end crumbled. Because I was not wearing a seat belt, I was thrown into the windshield, hitting and smashing the rear view mirror and cracking the windshield. Injuries sustained were not serious, but there would have been no injuries at all if the air bags had deployed. None of them did. I am now very concerned about the safety of myself and any passengers I might have in my car. The dealers service center said that the impact was too high up on the front end to trigger the sensors. If my vehicle had slid under the rear of a truck, I would have been killed in spite of being surrounded with air bags.

- N Ridgeville, OH, USA