2.4

2007 Nissan Altima electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Altima:

2007 Nissan Altima Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Apr 052016

Altima

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Altima. When the contact started the vehicle, the front passenger side air bag warning indicator illuminated continuously. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the air bag sensor needed to be reset. The sensor was reset, but the failure recurred after the repair. The vehicle was taken to the dealer a second time. The technician stated that the passenger side seat cushion and air bag sensor would need to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 08V521000 (air bags, electrical system). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 71,300.

- Northeidge, CA, USA

Feb 222016

Altima

The front door locks on our Nissan Altima will not operate with the keyless fob. This locking failure happens all the time when the vehicle is parked or whether in motion. I have had the battery tested and it's ok. This isn't the first time this has happened. The rear driver side failed to operate in the same manor and I had to have the our local Nissan dealership make the repair a couple of years ago. I'm not sure if this is a door actuator problem or some other electrical problem. I know after researching this online many other people are experiencing the same thing. My wife drives this vehicle more than me and I feel this could be a safety issue if she needs to unlock the car in a hurry. I believe this should be considered a recall because it does involve personal safety.

- Evans, GA, USA

Jun 022014

Altima

My complaint is for oil leak and electrical system problem. 1 year after purchasing my 2007 Nissan Altima, I took it for oil change were they stated we think there might be a leak somewhere. 3 months later I took the car for another oil change and all of a sudden it was a major oil leak. This just one incident and I have read several complaint forum where people are having the same problem and some resulted in there cars catching on fire. Then on approximately April 22, 2015 I was driving my vehicle and it randomly shut off, none the car would start, the key entry wouldn't work, the radio would come on and the heating/air unit would work nor would the truck open and actually the truck stopped opening a month before the car shut off while I was driving. Nissan refuses to fix any of these problems and I really feel that they should fix this problem since it is a multitude of cars with this same problem. Also, my car has been sitting since April 22, 2015 down the street from my home

- Frederick, MD, USA

Sep 192012

Altima

Back in 2012 my Nissan Altima starter switch failed to work. I took the car to a Nissan dealership location and it was determined that the brake light switch was faulty and had to be replaced. On March 15, 2015, the car exhibited the same issue, starter switch failed to work again. This time I took it to an independent mechanic, who again had to replace the same part, the brake like switch. I suspect that there are more Nissan vehicles with this same issue. The recall should be extended to other models and be tested for an issue with the starter/brake light switch....updated 09/22/15

- Decatur, GA, USA

May 032015

Altima

While drive car started smoking. Under carriage erupted in flames. I was pull out of the car by driver on the highway before fire department of police officer were able to get to me. By this time the car was in gulf in flames.

- South Ozone Park , NY, USA

Oct 162014

Altima

I was driving and I heard a clunk that did not seem to affect my driving ability or stability of the car. However, later that day when I turned on the cars heat; it would blow but only cold air was coming out of the vents regardless of the temperature setting or mode setting. My mechanic replaced the 2 thermostats but that did not fix the problem. This problem was a sudden onset and was not gradual in nature. My mechanic speculated that the heating coil became clogged but to replace it the cost would be in excess of $900. I'd also think the clogged system would have caused a more gradual decline in heating function.

- St. Louis , MO, USA

Nov 142013

Altima 6-cyl

While driving down the expressway, all the warning lights on the dashboard lit up and the speedometer dropped to zero. I coasted and pulled off the side of the road, turning off the vehicle. I then restarted the vehicle and proceeded to drive off, only to experience this same problem several more times. It is currently at our mechanic's, but they are having difficulty troubleshooting the problem. This problem initially happened while my wife was driving home from work. She explained the problem, I took the vehicle out for a drive and it did the same thing.

- Jenison, MI, USA

Aug 052014

Altima

I've noticed that the vehicle information display would flicker at times, even shutting off/go blank. Last month, it completely shut off. Since this time, I've searched and browsed the internet to understand what was happening to it. Upon my search, I found that many other Nissan Altima car owners suffer from my same plight and that there is a "tbs" for this particular issue. Moving forward, I would like to get this issue resolved as soon as possible at my nearest dealership (garden city). It is quite a safety hazard and great inconvenience not to be able to know the important information needed to maintain your car and keep it performing at its optimum!!

- Uniondale, NY, USA

Sep 122014

Altima

I went to the grocery store. Upon returning to my vehicle the car would not start. The car cycles to the "acc" and "on" position but does not start. The dash lights up, the blinkers work, the brake lights work, and all other noticeable electrical components work. The car just does not start. I had the car towed to an independent repair shop. After 2 days of diagnosing, the shop owner called and stated that he did not know what was wrong with the vehicle and that I need to come to pick up the vehicle. He stated he explored everything and parts wise the car was fine. He said that I needed to have Nissan test the car on the com III. I then towed the vehicle to the local Nissan dealer and they could not figure out the issue with the vehicle. They called me to charge me for 3 hours of labor to look further into the issue. I agreed and within an hour of paying for the additional labor they called me with a general solution. I need to change the ECM (computer), egi (engine wiring harness) and I needed a new battery. Grand total $3100. I have never had any issues with the vehicle. Prior to the car breaking, the car drove like a champ then all of a sudden it dies. Something is fishy in the air Nissan and this will be the last Nissan I'll own. After this incident I found out these cars are riddled with electrical issues. If only fore-sight was better than hind sight.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Jan 282011

Altima 6-cyl

2007 Nissan Altima. Consumer writes in regards to passenger air bag sensor warning light issues. The consumer stated he took the vehicle to the dealer, for a scheduled service visit, as well as for a blinking passenger air bag light. The dealer informed the consumer, the seat cushion needed to be replaced and it would cost $ $1693.55. The consumer declined the replacement. Through research, the consumer discovered his make, model and year was subject to a recall campaign on November 8, 2008. However, he was not notified of the recall campaign bulletin. Nissan North America, informed the consumer his vehicle identification number, did not fall within the range of the affected vehicles. The consumer referenced recall # 08V521000.

- Cambridge, WI, USA

Dec 092013

Altima 4-cyl

While driving at approximately 30mph, the transmission started to kick or jerk, and eventually the transmission stopped working.

- Bloomfield, NJ, USA

Oct 292013

Altima

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Altima. The contact stated that the smart key failed to start the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure could not be replicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified about the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 136,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- South Ozome Park, NY, USA

Jun 082011

Altima 4-cyl

Starting in 2011 every once in a while the cruise control lights started blinking which disabled the ability to use the cruise control. The vehicle had to be turned off and restarted to reset the lights and be able to use cruise control. This became more frequent as time went on. Now in 2013 the cruise control lights blink 99.99% of the time and cannot be reset by turning vehicle off. The cruise control now does not work at all even on the rare occasion when the light is not blinking.

- Taunton, MA, USA

Sep 052012

Altima 4-cyl

Pulled off the highway and merged into a left hand turn lane. When I came to a stop I noticed black smoke coming from the engine block. My car then caught fire and it was later totaled by the insurance company. The previous day I had my car serviced at a Nissan dealership. They changed my oil/filter and changed a part that was recalled (dealing with leaking brake fluids).... coincidence (sarcasm meant)"?"

- Washington, DC, USA

Jun 302009

Altima 4-cyl

06/30/09 (24,999 miles): The brake pedal was pressed to the floor of the car and the car would not start for two-three days before the pedal automatically depressed. The brakes began to squeak and the brake light was on. Nissan dealership replaced front caliper assembly per ntb08-057A and replaced rear pads and hardware per ntb08-047A. 01/21/2011: The brake pedal was pressed to the floor of the car and the car would not start for one day before the pedal automatically depressed. The brakes began to squeak and the brake light was on. 02/17/2012 (69,504 miles): The brakes began to squeak and the brake light was on. Nissan dealership diagnosed that the brake master cylinder was leaking fluid into the brake booster. They found the brake fluid level low, causing the brake light to be illuminated.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Jul 272011

Altima 4-cyl

Scanned vehicle codes were: P1715, P1574 and P720. All three codes are for the transmission speed sensors. Primary and secondary speed sensors. Both were replaced because of burnning or rubbing due to improper spacing. New spacers were added along with new sensors. Total cost for parts only were- $445.13! additional fees were the labor and sensor washer, bringing the whole invoice to $762.83! this was a fault from the manufacturer.

- Maricopa, AZ, USA

Jun 252011

Altima

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Altima. The contact stated the vehicle failed to start immediately. When the vehicle does start and is turned off it would not restart for approximately fifteen minutes. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer who stated the harness assembly, brake switch and a hose band needed to be replaced. The contact stated the failure was a manufacturers defect. The failure mileage was 36,114. The current mileage was 36,600. Updated 08/31/11 updated 2/21/12

- El Sobrante, CA, USA

Apr 102011

Altima

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Altima. The contact stated that the battery suddenly died without warning. The contact stated her vehicle service personal came out and was able to restart the vehicle. The failure recurred twice. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where the battery was replaced. The failure continued after the repairs. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000.

- Avenel, NJ, USA

May 052011

Altima 4-cyl

Nissan Altima 2007;ignition module.the dealer don't want to repair this recall because they don't have it as a recall in the computer.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Oct 052010

Altima

I have push button start. When I push the button it will click as if the battery is dead (new battery) and then nothing. I push 7 to 16 more times and then the car starts. It may do that several days in a row, several times on one day, or not for several weeks. I took it to my mechanic (not Nissan) and the diagnostic test showed nothing wrong. Mechanic thought maybe it could be a starter beginning to go bad but there was nothing to point to the starter. He called it a "ghost" problem because it comes and goes. It seems to me that the problem is the ignition switch. Once it catches, the car runs just fine. I believe my issue is related to the present Nissan recall although my car is not part of the group. I have not taken it to Nissan yet because it has been working for two weeks. I bought the car new in August 2007.

- Ashburn, VA, USA