9.5

1. replaced transmission (8 reports)
2007 Nissan Altima transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Altima:

2007 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Oct 082012

Altima

• CVT transmission

The car began jerking when shifting into another gear. Took it to a nissan dealership. They did a diagnostic and informed me that I would need a new transmission at a cost of 4000 plus dollars. Called 1 800 Nissan 1. Took my report got back to me and said there is nothing they could do to help. Anyone got any thoughts on what I should do. Needless to say I am angry about this. I have owned other vehicles that had transmissions with over 250000 miles them still run fine. Based on the lack of assistance or care from Nissan I will never by one again.

- , Stroudsburg, PA, USA

Mar 292012

Altima SE 4

• CVT transmission

Nissan informed me that the transmission fluid that was initially put in my Nissan when new was not red??? We performed routine maintenance on this vehicle as Nissan standards. They have denied the warranty. We are filing a lawsuit against them for replacement cost and damages

- , Shelbyville, TN, USA

Mar 292012

Altima SE 4

• CVT transmission

My 2007 Altima was brought into the Cool Springs location with 121,000 miles on it on 03/29/2012 . We were experiencing the telltale signs of a CVT transmission going down. Prior to this asset going to your Cool Springs facility it was taken to a repair shop and 4 quarts of transmission fluid was drained and 4 quarts was replaced and it made no difference. We were told to take it to a Nissan dealer right away which was done. After arrival a service writer at your location called to inform me that the transmission fluid was not touching the dipstick. After I explained and sent the receipt for 6 quarts of transmission fluid (only 4 was needed for refill) that was purchased from Nashville Nissan he changed his mind and said it was touching. Kevin, 2 techs and I all checked that transmission fluid and it was fine after cycling the transmission through several cycles and a drive around the block. Then we were informed of some disturbing practices. We of course ask for coverage on the 1700 miles past normal warranty due in part of the reoccurring issue and the fact that we have purchased the extended warranty when the car was initially purchased. (by the way this is our 2nd Nissan product) The service writer then stated since we had not brought our Nissan into a Nissan facility there was no leniency on the small amount of miles our vehicle is over. On Friday a young lady (CSR) called and left a message around 4.45pm and I immediately called her back only to get voicemail and I of course left a message. That brings me to today. We have been without a vehicle since 03/29/2012 and have still not resolve on if Nissan is going to cover it under warranty or if I am on my own. I apologize for involving you but I am in need of your help.

- , Shelbyville, TN, USA

Sep 012010

Altima 2.5L

• CVT transmission

My car was a deal to say none the least as far a getting it under market value at the time (27,000) and knocking an extra 500 off the price. At 33,800 I hear a slight rattling sound from the engine/transmission the car drive train gives out and stops in the middle of traffic. Please have yours checked as soon as you see signs of the problem.

- , Nashville, TN, USA

Jul 052010

Altima SL 2.5L

The fourth transmission has failed on this piece of junk. The first one went at around 30k, the second around 90k, the third around 119k. This transmission only lasted 18k. When this transmission was put in at 119k I knew the "new extended warranty" was going to expire at 120k. I asked the dealer how long the transmission was warrantied for and they said 12k. So when this one went I called Ni$$an, they said I had to take it to the dealer, pay them $100 to get a diag and then call them before they will do anything. Average life span on these CVT's for me is around 36k. I've been through more transmissions than tires!!!

- , Worcester, MA, USA

Nov 212009

Altima LS 2.5L V4

• CVT transmission

Took it in to dealer after warranty with another problem. Found transmission was one issue. But covered under 120k mile basic warranty.

- , Waukegan, IL, USA

Mar 292008

Altima SE 3.5L V6

I purchased the car on Saturday morning (18 April 2009), drove about 20 miles and returned to the dealer to give them a copy of my insurance card as promised. I then drove out of the parking lot and on to the highway and when shifting into 2nd gear, the manual transmission locked up and I coasted into a parking lot about 100 yards from the dealer. Service was still working and they had no idea what happened so they pushed the car back to the garage and gave me a loaner. Turns out that something in the clutch snapped so they replaced it. Four days later I return to get the car and no sooner as I drove it out of the lot again, I noticed grinding between most of the gears when shifting. Returned to the dealer and started ranting about the issue and why didn't they friggen road test the car before I came to pick it up.

Long story short, they now had to replace the transmission and it's been fine ever since; 1 year and 15,000 miles with no issues. Although the service tech & manager screwed up by not road testing after replacing the clutch, they were otherwise great, realizing their mistake and seeming to feel bad for my issues. I asked for, and they gave me, a premium 100,000 mile extended warranty at no cost for my trouble.

Nissan Corp Customer Service was absolutely no help at all - basically told me to call back if I have the same problem 2 more times ^%^%$%!

- , Bridgewater, NJ, USA

Aug 312008

Altima

My transmission went out twice in the first 34,000 miles, and second time was 500 miles from home, on vacation, and after it was repaired, Nissan customer service refused to help with transporting vehicle back to my home and my rental beyond 5 days is not covered and other expenses, lost work, motel, etc. have not been covered thus far retrieving my car from Nissan service where it broke down. A real disappointment, as I like the vehicle. Nissan service at local dealers have been kind, national Nissan customer service deserves the black eye.

- , Rapid City, South Dakota, USA