2008 Nissan Altima body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Altima:

2008 Nissan Altima Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Feb 172014

Altima 6-cyl

The dashboard on my 2008 Nissan Altima coupe has melted (possible plasticizer migration) and it has become very difficult to drive because of the glare it produces on the windshield, this lead to me to veer off the road and into the embankment. The Nissan dealer told us that they have seen a lot of dashes on the Altima with this problem in Florida, but there is nothing they can do because it is out of the initial factory warranty and they claim the Nissan extended warranty does not cover it. Several Florida residents who own 2008-Altima coupes are experiencing the same problem. This appears to be a manufacturers defect and has really become a serious safety hazard. I respectfully request you're help in this matter. I can provide pictures if necessary. Below are a few forums addressing the situation forums.nicoclub.com/my-dashboard-is-melting-T569582.html www.altimaforums.net/super-sticky-dashboard-T15553.html"T=15553 www.nissanclub.com/forums/2007-2012-Nissan-Altima-discussion-2-5-3-5/343066-melting-dashboard-problem.html www.carcomplaints.com/Nissan/Altima/2008/accessories-interior/dashboard_is_melting.shtml www.aboutautomobile.com/complaint/2008/Nissan/Altima/window mythreecents.com/showreview.cgi"id=109390.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Jan 052012

Altima

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Altima. The contact stated that sunlight reflected from the polished dashboard and was causing an excessive glare. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer, who replaced the dashboard. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 25,000.

- Davie, FL, USA

Jul 202013

Altima 6-cyl

The dashboard on my 2008 Nissan Altima coupe appears to be melting and it has become very difficult to drive because of the glare it causes on the windshield. We purchased the vehicle new, included a Nissan extended warranty, and maintain the vehicle meticulously (mechanically and cosmetically). We did not put anything on the dash (armorall, etc). The Nissan dealer told us that they have seen a lot of dashes on the Altima with this problem in Florida, but that there is nothing they can do because it is out of the initial factory warranty and they claim the Nissan extended warranty does not cover it. Through the nico club, I have learned that many other Florida residents who own 2008-2009 Nissan Altima coupes are experiencing the same problem. This appears to be a manufacturers defect and has really become a serious safety hazard. I respectfully request your help with this matter.

- Jupiter, FL, USA

Dec 142013

Altima

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Altima. The contact stated that the heat from the sun melted the dashboard. In addition, the reflection of the dashboard was blinding to the contact when driving. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer and no reason was provided for the defect. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified and no solution was offered. The failure mileage was 58,000.

- Hollywood , FL, USA

May 172013

Altima 4-cyl

My dashboard has melted creating a terrible glare that is not just distracting while driving but dangerous because I cannot see through my windshield during the day or when on coming headlights come towards me during the night. Not only is it terribly dangerous but the melting is making my dash sticky causing parking passes to stick and leave residue.

- Bonita Springs , FL, USA

Aug 302013

Altima 4-cyl

I pulled in a parking space, foot on the brake, and before I could put it in park the car accelerated and took off. The brakes would not stop the car. I went about twenty feet, over curbs, sidewalk, another parking space, avoiding cars, skid marks made, and finally directed the car toward a dumpster and it stopped. It is a miracle that someone in my path wasn't killed. The engine was pushed back and so the body shop connected with Nissan considered it a total loss.

- Western Springs, IL, USA

Apr 042013

Altima 4-cyl

The dashboard in my 2008 Nissan Altima is melting. I have never applied any chemical cleaning solutions to the dashboard and I bought the vehicle brand new. The intense glare from the melting dash board is so intense that I have on numerous occasions almost been involved in accidents. I am also concerned that this defect could cause a fire in the vehicle. The Nissan claims department states that the melting dashboard is not covered because the warranty has expired and the dealership claims to of never seen a dashboard melt. An internet information search for "2008 Nissan Altima dashboard melting" reveals numerous other 2008 Nissan Altima owners dealing with the same problem.

- Laredo, TX, USA

Aug 032011

Altima

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Altima. The contact stated that the rear passenger door would fill up with water and leak inside the vehicle. The vehicle was inspected by a dealer and they advised that the drain holes were clogged and needed to be unclogged. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The failure mileage was approximately 36,000.

- Temple Hills, MD, USA