2008 Nissan Altima fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Altima:

2008 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Sep 282015

My vehicle was found to have a cracked exhaust manifold.a technician found exhaust manifold front pipe leaking. The technician also found oil cooler leaking and cover of the alternator broken. The dealer refused to service the vehicle because it is no longer under warranty. There was recall on several 2008 Nissan Altima. Maybe my vehicle should have been included in the recall.

- Avenel, NJ, USA

Oct 012014

Altima 4-cyl

Purchase car 2010 ABS brake came on all time dealer try to reset ABS light it would turn off for few days and come make on they dont no why it doing it :( its 2015 and light still on. 2014 I was on interstate going 65 mph then all sudden my Nissan started losing power fast when I pushed on gas was not reading. Had to pull to side of road and we had checked all fluids and looked for any leaks which all was good. I had gotten and my oil changed before my trip. Sat on side interstate for 20 mins try to restart it started ok just had no power like gas was nit flowing right. Waiting another 10 mins trying again. Finally gain power and was able to get to my destination. Had it checked by shop couldn't fine problem. The car sometime don't turn over on push start and I have to slam down on my break to start it about 5 times took to Nissan dealer said they have no idea why it keeps sticking and not turning over I also had to change my battery 3 times from 2010 to 2014. Which that's not good. I see all these 2008 Nissan getting recalled then I look at the my car and how much money I had to pay out pocket for the same recalls on other Nissan. Found out exhaust manifold has been recalled on many 2008 Nissan but mine and that is one of problems wrong !

- Valley, NE, USA

Mar 052014

Car cranks but won't start.

- Raymond, MS, USA

Jan 082014

Upon driving the vehicle there was a strong smell of gasoline inside the cabin of the vehicle. The vehicle started smoking while driving immediately the car ran hot. Had the car towed to nearest dealer that then informed that the exhaust manifold/catalyst converter had failed and was leaking. Which they informed me was very dangerous but they where not responsible for repairs which led to cracked heads on the motor and eventually total engine failure. What a safe vehicle for a single mother of two children? not so much, .

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Mar 122012

Altima 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Altima. The contact stated that the fuel sending unit was replaced once on the vehicle. Six months after the repair, the fuel level gauge failed and was displaying one quarter of a tank less than what was actually in the fuel tank. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer fore repairs or inspection of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown and the current mileage was 33,100. Updated 11/14/12 the consumer stated that on October 8, 2012 the put in another new fuel pump. The gas gauge did improved but, when the gas gauge should read half it will sometimes go in between half and 3/4 full. The gas gauge is not very accurate. Updated 11/19/2012

- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA